Contact list owner
Montgomery County VA
To post to this list, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember, all posts show up in a public archive. Don't post anything you don't want the world to read!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Information about ancestors or related people who lived in Montgomery County VA.
2. Questions about your ancestors that lived in Montgomery County VA. Give as much detail as you can.
3. Interesting history of Montgomery County VA.
4. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
5. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
6. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
7. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
8. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection Ancestry, FamilySearch, South Carolina Department of Archives & History or some other site, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.
You will find the archives at