Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
I tried to get a copy of a marriage record from court house, said they had
no record. It is listed in the marriages of Erath Co. that are on line now.
Any one know why they would say it is not there ? I had this happen before,
only to ask again, & then they found it. Any one live in Erath Co. now ?
McCARTY, ROBERTS, KNIGHT, SKIPPER. My hometown is Stephenville and I have
many names to search. Looking for ancestors of Jacob McCARTY and family,
lived near Duffau, Chandler ROBERTS and family, Jessie D. KNIGHT and wife,
Mary Lillie McADAMS, and family, John Henry Feilding SKIPPER and wife, Mary
Ann GOODGION. Have many files and will share. Trying to fill in gaps. Will
give more info on each line later. Darla Smith Rohan
HILLEY, James Robert. I am searching for information on James Robert HILLEY
b: June 3, 1853 GA d: Aug 2, 1913 Buried in Comanche/Erath Co Victor
Cemetery. marr: March 18, 1880 in Comanche Co. TX to Sarah Elizabeth Fox b:
Jan 4, 1867 Flynnlick, Jackson, TN. At one time they lived in Erath Co. TX.
I am searching for ANY information on the HILLEY'S.
Joy Goade Zowie
Lana, neither your Phebe Jane WHITACRE nor William Bye WHITACRE is buried in
the Duffau Cemetery which is in Erath County.
Many McCARTYs are buried at Duffau Cemetery.
A partial alphabetical listing of the Duffau Cemetery can be found on the
ROBERTSON Family Home Page at:
Looking for cemetery record for Phebe Jane Whitacre, d. ca 1900, or husband
William Bye Whitacre, d. 1910. died Erath Co Tx. any help appreciated. I
have vol 1 of erath co marriages, will do a lookup. Thanks, Lana
Welcome to the TXERATH mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.