Date: 12 - 14 July 2013
eGSSA will be presenting a genealogy workshop in Grahamstown to which you are invited
Friday 12 July 2013
We will be visiting the Cory Library for an orientation tour. Those who are interested can
do their own research. The GSSA Western Cape branch will assist beginner genealogists and
Mr William Jervois has agreed to personal interviews with those interested.
Saturday 13 July 2013
A variety of speakers with interesting topics have been arranged for this day
* Antropology and Genealogy - meaning an data. ...Michael Whisson
* Early Germans in the Eastern Cape.... Trudie Marais
* Objects and Family History.... Fleur Way-Jones
* The 1820 Settlers - Ordinary Folk. ... Liz Eshamade
* Treasures of the Western Cape Archives.... Siybonga Ntamesi
* Sailing from St Helena. ... Merlé Martin
* Myths and Legends - claims by settlers for distinguished origins.... William Jervois
* Unlocking military history. ... Pat Irwin
The talks will be presented in English.
A walk through the historical parts of the town will conclude the day.
Exhibitors for the Friday and Saturday
* Albany Museum
* Border Historical Society
* Grahamstown genealogy discussion group
* GSSA: Western Cape, Eastern Cape and eGGSA
* Lower Albany Historical Society
* South African St Helenian Heritage Association
* The South African Military History Society Eastern Cape Branch
* Western Cape Archive and Record Services (KAB)
Sunday 14 July 2013
Photographing the Grahamstown cemetery
The registration fee will include tea and light lunches for the 2 days.
For further information and registration forms please contact us at:
Registration closes 30 June 2013