Yay!!! It worked but I see that it only allows me to have it on a short term
loan. Do you know why? I would preferred a long term loan
[mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of Bonita Bricknell
Sent: 29 May 2013 08:27 AM
Subject: Re: [SOUTH-AFRICA] Ordering Films
Steps for ordering Microfilms on www.familysearch.org
1. Sign in with user name and password at top right hand corner on home
2. Click on search which is found in top centre of home page.
3. Click on Catalog
4. Search for film: Type in film number you want to order
5. Search Results will appear for film number entered. Click on the result
you want to view.
6.1 Detailed description of film appears. Click on film number in film notes
and online ordering will appear.
6.2 The first time you sign in to order a microfilm you need to select the
FHC that you will be viewing your films at. (This step will be skipped when
you place your second order etc) Click on "select your Family history
Click on 'find new FHC' so that it can be your default centre Click on
"Select Country" - choose South Africa Click on "Select region, province
place" as there are no centers listed under Kwazulu Natal Click "Search"
List of centers will appear and you select your centre and click on "save"
It tells you that "selected FHC" is now your default centre
6. Click on "add to cart" and repeat steps 4-6 depending on number of films
you want to order
7. Click on "proceed to check out".
8. Enter your billing info and credit card info
9. For any further help visit
To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
SOUTH-AFRICA-request(a)rootsweb.com with the word 'unsubscribe' without the
quotes in the subject and the body of the message