1 message(s)

[ZA-EC] Green family

south-africa-eastern-cape@rootsweb.com
Contact list owner

Welcome Message
Welcome to the South-Africa-East-Cape Mailing List. Starting from Storms River Bridge. Just follow the road with the Port Elizabeth sign board. You know those jobbies - how many kilo's to go. Places to pop in on the way is Humansdorp, Jeffrey's Bay, Gamtoos, Thornhill, arriving in Port Elizabeth to freshen up. This is what we call the Sunshine Coast. We don't tarry long here and soon we take the coastal route heading for the Kei area and Settler Country.Pass Swartkops, Port Alfred and Kenton-on-Sea. Depending on what route you would like to follow, you can head off inland to Bathurst and view the Toposcope, and a bit further, Grahamstown the home of the 1820 Settler and the Albany Museum. The Amatola beckons and it's off to King William's Town or remain on the coastal road and head for East London where the City Hall in hues of orange awaits your arrival with keen interest. And that in a nutshell is what this List will cover. My message to this list is very simple - to have fun and make friends. All the other stuff like BMD's, research and everything else involved with this fascinating hobby called genealogy will all fall into place with time. The golden rule of this list is if you want to find your ancestors, you have to interact. I don't have any hard and fast rule about postings. You all aware about 'Spam'; 'Thank you'; messages etc. that are not allowed. It's nice to acknowledge somebody's effort, but a simple 'thank you' is not on. Add some juice to that 'thank you' and I will allow it. So why don't you jump in and feel the waters? We can modify the rules as we go along and if you have any suggestions, please contact me with your input. One very important request please. If you are mailing me privately, ensure that your subject header contains EAST-CAPE. If not and I don't recognise your name, this mail will be deleted by my Spam Detector. NB: Remember to highlight sources when posting.