Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
Richard Heath Sackett Jr. Member #635 resides at . . .
PO Box 562
5 E. Main Street #562
Yaphank, NY 11980
son of the late Richard Heath Sackett Member #268 and grandson of Herbert
Joel Sackett and Alice Katherine Heath of Silver Creek, Chautauqua County,
New York State.
Sent from AOL Mobile Mail
Get the new AOL app: mail.mobile.aol.com
On Monday, July 23, 2018, Ted Smith <tcsmith(a)surewest.net> wrote:
Hello TSFA members and mail list subscribers.
I have had a request to develop a map that shows where members are
located. While I can (and have) downloaded the member list from the
website, it only includes location data for those who wanted it
The goal is a series of maps that show were people are located, without
identifying the person(s) by name. The most detailed map would show
city-level information. For example, suppose John Jones lives in
Sandusky, Ohio. One map would have a "pin" there but nobody would know
that is where John Jones lived. Such a map might prove useful for
organizing local gatherings as well as annual TSFA-wide gatherings.
Other possible maps might show counts by state, country, or some other
If the member list at http://www.sackettfamily.info/register.htm shows
your name but not your city, or if the city is not correct or missing,
please send me a private email message (do not respond to the list) with
your name [or member number] and the city, state, and country where you
now live. [Patricia Roberts and Linda Martinez--I have the info that you
sent to the mail list.] This information will ONLY be used for this
generalized mapping project unless you say otherwise.
The Sackett Family Association website: http://www.sackettfamily.info/
Sackett List Admin: SACKETT-admin(a)rootsweb.com
Email preferences: http://bit.ly/rootswebpref
Unsubscribe and Archives https://mailinglists.rootsweb.com/listindexes/search/sackett
Privacy Statement: https://ancstry.me/2JWBOdY Terms and Conditions: https://ancstry.me/2HDBym9
Rootsweb Blog: http://rootsweb.blog
RootsWeb is funded and supported by Ancestry.com and our loyal RootsWeb community
Hi Family, I’m Back!
Still Looking for GG Grandma Elizabeth SACKETT Family (1792-1833) she was married to Ira Waller HOWE. They had 11kids. Elizabeth May have been born in VT or Scranton PA. She may have been from the Joseph Sackett of CT, VT, Pa, and NY. She died in Elba, Genesse Co, NY.
I will review the DNA. I’m EXCITED to see the changes.
Ted, this is awesome. Thank you for always working on our families. Hoping to find mine soon.
Jill J. Hernandez
1. Updated information for Ruth Virginia Sackett (#31107), spouse, and son.
2. Added death and burial information for Hiram Sackett (#9130) and his
3. Added William H. Sackett (1939-2017) as #50917.
4. Added death and burial information for Abner Sackett (#1811);
corrected burial information for his wife.
5. Added death and burial information for Caleb Dewey (#2566); added
his wife and descendants. Caleb's wife, Juliette Noble (#30793) also
is a descendant of Simon Sackett the Colonist. They are fifth
cousins, both descended from John P. Sackett and Abigail Hannum.
6. Added the obituary of Loren Clifford Sackett (#31009).
7. Added the spouse and children of Harry Austin Sackett (#37696).
8. Updated information for Jasper Lorenzo Sackett (#1124) and added his
9. Updated information for Frank Herbert Sackett Sr. (#26866) and his
son, Frank Herbert Sackett Jr. (#5921).
10. Updated information for the children of Julia Jane James (#10702)
and Francis Marion Pegg (#37461) and added several of their descendants.
11. Updated the records for William Stewart Sackett (#1311), his wife
Caroline Seymour (#1312) and her parents, thanks to Deb Curry.
As of November 30, 2018 53,334
As of October 31, 2018 52,991
Net Change this month: 343
As of November 30, 2018 20,338
As of October 31, 2018 20,180
Net Change this month: 158
Total Living Individuals
As of November 30, 2018 10,948
As of October 31, 2018 10,860
Net Change this month: 88
Total Unique Surnames
As of November 30, 2018 8,053
As of October 31, 2018 8,011
Net Change this month: 42
Thomas the Elder and descendants
As of November 30, 2018 18,781
As of October 31, 2018 18,700
Net Change this month: 81
Simon Sackett the Colonist and descendants
As of November 30, 2018 17,518
As of October 31, 2018 17,437
Net Change this month: 81
John the Colonist and descendants
As of November 30, 2018 3,656
As of October 31, 2018 3,641
Net Change this month: 15
No changes to counts of other major lines.
Welcome to the SACKETT mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to email@example.com and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.