Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
The Western New York Genealogical
Society is presenting a program on “Dating and Identifying Old Photographs” on
Saturday April 20th at 10:30 AM at the Beechwood Homes, 2235 Millersport
Highway, Getzville. Join Heidi Bamford, Regional Archivist as she presents this
informative forensic photography workshop. Don’t forget to bring along an old
photo. Also included are refreshments and a buffet lunch. Details and
registration forms available at WNYGS.org. Deadline for registration April 8.
Western New York Genealogical Society asks you to join us for A Tour of St. Louis Roman Catholic Church, 35 Edward St, Buffalo, NY at 10:30 a.m., Saturday March 23, 2013 The tour will be led by church historian Michael Riester, church archivist. On August 25th, 1889, the Feast of Saint Louis, the first religious services were held in the magnificent Gothic structure that is the present St. Louis. Don’t miss the renowned art and architecture of this historic church. The tour will include the St. Louis museum.
Followed by: Ulrich’s German Buffet, Ulrich’s Tavern, 674 Ellicott St., Buffalo, NY (One block from the church) at 1:00 p.m.
Ulrich’s has the distinction of being Buffalo's oldest documented continuously operating tavern/restaurant having been established in the fall of 1868 and still operating. Ulrich's purpose for over a 144 years has never changed, to provide a public house where one can enjoy food, drink and camaraderie. For more info and to register go to wnygs.org.
****PRINT AND SAVE THIS EMAIL*******
it contains info on how to post messages, unsubscribe, resubscribe, and the email address you have used to subscribe.
IMPORTANT GUIDELINES FOR POSTING TO Wyoming Email List are as follows:
1. Purpose. The Wyoming Email List is for discussion of the history of Wyoming County NY, and the genealogy of Wyoming County families. Discussion of history of Wyoming County is also welcome.
2. The custodian of the Wyoming Email List is David Samuelsen - email@example.com
If you have problems getting unsubscribed from the list or have any other difficulties with the list, write to me (not to the list) and I'll try to
resolve the problem.
3. Message format and attachments. Please submit messages only in plain
text, and don't submit attachments. Many of our subscribers are using software that cannot read attachments. Please, always use a helpful, informative subject line with SURNAMES in caps.
4. Replying to a Post: The general rule is: if the information is very specific to you, then reply to the person only. If your reply also contains information of a more general nature which may be of help or interest to others, then reply to the list.
5. No-nos. Please do not submit virus alerts, chain letters, or other off-topic material to the list. Don't send copies of copyrighted material.
Vulgarity and personal attacks on other list members are also not welcomed, grounds for removal.
Don't send messages exceeding 40KB in length. If someone else violates these rules, please do not send their message back to this list! That just magnifies the problem, and defeats our anti-spam defenses at Rootsweb.