Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
Recent Blog activity on our Upstate New York Genealogy website at
www.unyg.com has an easy to understand article about DNA testing for
genealogical purposes. There is also a Blog about Ephemera for genealogy,
and a full description about how to take advantage of all of the features of
unyg.com. Tomorrow we will have a year's end review and predictions for
2008. Happy New Year to all of our readers, Dick Hillenbrand.
Upstate New York Genealogy
Read a 1931 newspaper account of the Daughters of the American Revolution
(DAR,) marking the graves of 595 Revolutionary War Soldiers that were buried
in Onondaga County. The soldiers names and burial locations are listed
Go to www.unyg.com, click on the "UNYG Blog" at the top of the page to read
Dick Hillenbrand - Upstate New York Genealogy - www.unyg.com
If you are interested in good maps, or plan on doing any land research
anywhere in New York State, then you will likely want to read my review of
one of the very best New York State Atlases available.
You will find the article on the Upstate New York Genealogy Blogsite, by
going to www.unyg.com and clicking on the "UNYG Blog" tab at the top.
Dick Hillenbrand - www.unyg.com
****PRINT AND SAVE THIS EMAIL*******
it contains info on how to post messages, unsubscribe, resubscribe, and the email address you have used to subscribe.
IMPORTANT GUIDELINES FOR POSTING TO Wyoming Email List are as follows:
1. Purpose. The Wyoming Email List is for discussion of the history of Wyoming County NY, and the genealogy of Wyoming County families. Discussion of history of Wyoming County is also welcome.
2. The custodian of the Wyoming Email List is David Samuelsen - email@example.com
If you have problems getting unsubscribed from the list or have any other difficulties with the list, write to me (not to the list) and I'll try to
resolve the problem.
3. Message format and attachments. Please submit messages only in plain
text, and don't submit attachments. Many of our subscribers are using software that cannot read attachments. Please, always use a helpful, informative subject line with SURNAMES in caps.
4. Replying to a Post: The general rule is: if the information is very specific to you, then reply to the person only. If your reply also contains information of a more general nature which may be of help or interest to others, then reply to the list.
5. No-nos. Please do not submit virus alerts, chain letters, or other off-topic material to the list. Don't send copies of copyrighted material.
Vulgarity and personal attacks on other list members are also not welcomed, grounds for removal.
Don't send messages exceeding 40KB in length. If someone else violates these rules, please do not send their message back to this list! That just magnifies the problem, and defeats our anti-spam defenses at Rootsweb.