This is a Message Board Post that is gatewayed to this mailing list.
Surnames: Smalley, Hopkins
Message Board URL:
Message Board Post:
Not the book you were looking for but I just purchased the CD and found it useful ...
5 Complete Searchable Publications on one CD
1. History of Putnam County, New York : with biographical sketches of its prominent men
Philadelphia: W.W. Preston & Co., 1886, Pelletreau, William S, 897 pgs.
2. The history of Putnam County, N.Y. : with an enumeration of its towns, villages,
rivers, creeks, lakes, ponds, mountains, hills, and geological features, local traditions,
and short biographical sketches of early settlers, etc. New York: Baker & Scribner,
1849, Blake, William J., 360 pgs.
3. Cemetery inscriptions of Putnam County, N.Y. : including the towns of Adams Corners,
Carmel, Cold Spring, Doansburg, Farmers Mills, Fredericksburg, Hortontown, Kent, Kent
Cliffs, Lake Mahopac, Lake Oscawana, Ludington, Mahopac Falls, Meads Corners, Mekeels
Corners, Milltown, Patterson, Secords Corners, Tilley Foster, Towners Corners, and Union
Valley Peekskill, N.Y.:Horton, William P., 1928, 268 pgs.
4. Putnam County, New York cemeteries. : 1794-1914 Brooklyn, N.Y.,: Eardeley, William
Applebie, 1917, 75 pgs.
5. Records of early settlers of Putnam County and Cortlandt Manor, New York, Haacker,
Frederick C., 1954, 50 pgs.
It had information on some of the Smalleys - some married Hopkins so I saw the names.
Hope this is useful.
The author of this message may not be subscribed to this list. If you would like to reply
to them, please click on the Message Board URL link above and respond on the board.