If anyone is interested, I have a 17 page write up on selected New York City sights
including a description of most of the 2011 Christmas window displays. List is updated
every year and covers places I have been to in New York City.
This year you can access this list on-line by going to the following address which will
bring up the word document that you can print out, edit, etc.
The listing covers 54 areas of interest (museums, Christmas window displays, famous
buildings, interesting restaurants, impressive hotel lobbies, etc) and is arranged in
descending order from 104th Street to 12th Street. If you aren't familiar with New
York City street sequences, the order of the Avenues from the East River to the Hudson
River is also listed to help you out.
The items on my list, with addresses and side street locations and some interesting
historical facts and trivia are:
1. Museum of the City of New York.
2. Tree Lights On Park Avenue.
3. Metropolitan Museum of Art.
4. Rhinelander Mansion/Ralph Lauren Store.
5. The Frick Collection.
6. The Crystal District.
7. Barney's. - Christmas Windows.
8. Bloomingdale's. - Christmas Windows.
9. Plaza Hotel.
10. World's Largest Menorah.
11. Time Warner Center.
12. Van Cleff & Arpels. - Christmas Windows.
13. FAO Schwarz.
14. Bergdorf Goodman. - Christmas Windows.
15. UNICEF Snowflake.
16. Tiffany & Co. - Christmas Windows.
17. Louis Vuitton Malletier. - Christmas Windows.
18. Trump Tower.
19. Henri Bendel. - Christmas Windows.
20. The House of Harry Winston.
21. Carnegie Deli.
22. Fendi - Christmas Windows
23. The House of Cartier. - Christmas Windows.
24. Ellen's Stardust Diner.
25. New York Palace Hotel.
26. Rockefeller Center.
27. St. Patrick's Cathedral.
28. Radio City Music Hall.
29. Saks Fifth Avenue. - Christmas Windows.
30. The Waldorf=Astoria Hotel.
31. American Girl Place.
32. Hershey's Times Square.
33. Diamond and Jewelry District.
34. Tkts Booth.
35. Joe Allen Restaurant.
36. The World of Disney Store
37. Toys "R" Us. Times Square.
38. Fred F. French Building.
39. New York Yacht Club.
40. The Westin New York At Times Square.
41. Hello Kitty Store.
42. Chrysler Building.
43. New York Public Library.
44. Grand Central Terminal.
45. 42nd Street Food Court.
46. Fetes de Noel Holiday Shops At Bryant Park.
47. The Pond At Bryant Park.
48. Kinokuniya Book Store.
49. Lord & Taylor Dept. Store. - Christmas Windows.
50. Great Buttons.
51. Morgan Library and Museum.
52. Macy's Herald Square. - Christmas Windows.
53. Empire State Building.
54. Forbes Magazine Galleries.
Clifton Park, NY
Schoharie County GenWeb page is located at http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~nyschoha/