Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
Based on weekly and monthly reports I get from the search engines..
There are best results to obtain:
The BEST Results?? Be mindful - all lists are always "SURNAME, given name"
Three best ways with QUOTEMARKS "
1. "Surname, " (put a space after , then ")
2. "Surname, given name" (don't bother to try for middle name (middle
names produce poor results)
3. ", Mary" - will work if you are not sure of married name but will
produce a LOT of results!
1. Don't bother trying without quotemarks, you get more unwamted results.
2. Don't try county name, just go to the county list and you get more
3. Don't try state name, just go to the state in question and browse.
4. Don't try these words - probate, guardianship, etc. Just go to
appropriate sections. You get better results.