Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
Would anyone have access to the Presbyterian Church records of Albion, NY? Someone gave me a note a few years back that made reference to "Mrs. Bush, a widow with three daughters.
Mrs. Laura Bush
Miss Polly Bush
Miss Sophia Bush
Miss Caroline Bush 1 Mar 1861"
By 1861, my Caroline Bush was Mrs. Charles H. Beach. I am hoping the date was not copied correctly and it was really 1851 that these ladies were members of the Presbyterian Church.
Thanks for any help and guidance.
I am looking for any information on Elizabeth Belle Lester born in Orleans
County, NY in October 1870. She moved to North Dakota as a young child. I need
any information on her birth, her parents and/or siblings. Thank you
update your favorites.....
> The Immigrant Ships Transcribers Guild has moved,
> and our 3 million plus visitors need to know where we have gone.
> We currently have nearly 6,000 passenger lists transcribed and
> still have totally free access to our data.
> If you wish to visit us, again or for the first time, please do so at:
> Be sure to also stop by the ISTG Compass - a source for many links to
> you in your research:
> It will take google another month to catch up with us, so
> if you are so inclined, please spread the word! Thanks!
> Don Schmalbeck (also at: ShipLists(a)aol.com)
> Archives Research Coordinator
> Immigrant Ships Transcribers Guild
I wondered if you could help me with a SENTER / GREELEY problem?
My great-great-great-great-great grandfather, Jotham Warner married an
Their son, Rensselaer Warner, married Anna GREELEY.
I THOUGHT that this Esther Senter above was the daughter of Thomas
SENTER and Esther GREELEY, (Esther being the sister of Anna GREELEY's
father, Noah GREELEY).
But I am told this can't be right because Esther the daughter of Thomas
SENTER and Esther GREELEY married James Proctor and has a very well
documented marriage with many children.
** Can you help me find "my" Esther Senter? ***
Noah Greeley, b. May 26, 1766, in Hudson, NH
Anna Powers, b. Apr 3, 1772, in Dunstable, NH
had a daughter named Anna Greeley, b. Aug 11, 1795, in Nottingham West,
Jotham Warner, b. Apr 22, 1770 in Waterbury, CT
Esther Senter, b. ????, in ????
had a son named Rensselaer Warner, b. Oct 9, 1793 in CT, d. Aug 16, 1871
in Yates, NY
Rensselaer and Anna had children:
1. Rhoda Warner, b. Nov 1, 1816, Yates, NY
2. Jotham Warner, b. May 30, 1818, Yates, NY
3. Mathias Warner, b. May 12, 1820, Yates, NY
4. Guernsey Warner, b. May 7, 1822, Yates, NY
5. Jasper Warner, b. Sep 26, 1824, Yates, NY
(My ancestor, Jasper, is buried in Fuller Cemetery, Hastings,
Barry, MI -- See:
6. Gilman Warner, b. Sep 14, 1827
7. Liberty Warner, b. Oct 25, 1835
(Last summer I went to the grave of Rensselaer Warner in Yates, Orleans
County, NY, (spelling from his tombstone, most other times I"ve seen it
was Rensaelaer, and saw also the grave of his son Jotham there.)
I'm sending this request from Harry Bailey to both the NY-Orleans County and the NY-OCGS lists. I haven't done any research in Orleans County since my own ancestors are from Erie County, not Orleans County. Can anyone help Harry Bailey in his search of Bailey's from Carlton? If so, please reply directly to Mr. Bailey at harrydawgs2002(a)yahoo.com Thanks,
Mary Hibbard Stack <mstack(a)rochester.rr.com>
Staff Member: Orleans County GenWeb:
view my complete database at WorldConnect:
----- Original Message -----
From: harry bailey
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2003 1:39 PM
Subject: RE: THE BAILEYS OF CARLTON NY
MARY,I NEED YOUR HELP IN FINDING OUT WHAT HAPPENED TO MY RELATIVES THAT LIVED IN CARLTON IN THE EARLY PART OF LAST CENTURY.I HAVE CHECKED CEM.RECORDS AND HAVE FOUND SOME OF THEM BUT THERE ARE OTHERS THAT I CAN NOT LOCATE. HERE ARE THEIR NAMES;
EDNA E BAILEY DOB 03/1899 TOWN OF CARLTON
EDWIN BAILEY DOB 1886 TOWN OF CARLTON
THERE PARENTS,MY GRANDPARENTS WERE LORENZO EUGENE OR EUGENE LORENZO BAILEY AN ADA A. PANGBURN OR PANGBORNE OR PANGBORN BAILEY THE SPELLING ON MY GP NAMES ARE DIFFERENT THATS THE WAY I HAVE SEEN THEM SPELLED THERE ARE OTHERS BUT LETS SEE WHAT WE CAN DO WITH THESE ALL HELP THAT YOU CAN GIVE ME WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED SINCE I AM THE ONLY ONE LEFT I THINK.EDNA WAS ALIVE FOR THE 1915 CENSUS EDWIN WAS NOT LISTED FOR THE 1900 CENSUS I ALSO FOUND OUT THAT RECORD KEEPING WAS NOT THE MOST ACCURATE AT THAT TIME BUT YOU ALREADY REALIZE THAT ANYWAYS
HARRY E BAILEY
Welcome to the NYORLEAN mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to email@example.com and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.