Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
Wondering if anyone knows when the death registeries begin in Orleans County.
Also, are they held in specific town clerk offices....like Lyndonville,
Shelby, etc....or Albion.
Thanks so much and have a wonderful New Year!
Fairport, New York
I'm researching my husband's family. His family came from Orleans County and
the surnames that I have found so far are Joyce/Joice/Dockery/Allen. Some of
them are in Yates, Barre, Ridgeway, etc.
If anyone on this list is researching these names or derivatives, kindly
Thanks so very much!
Fairport, New York
The 1930 census for the Town of Kendall is now on line. The rest of the
towns will go up as soon as they are ready thanks to Marge and Bob.
Sharon A. Kerridge samk(a)mfi.net
Marge Goodrich Schultz marge(a)pcom.net
Orleans County Coordinators
New York GENWEB Orleans County
New York GENWEB Main Page
NYORLEAN-L(a)rootsweb.com list manager
Join the Orleans county mailing list
write subscribe in the body of the message
If you live in the vicinity of Albion, Orleans County, NY,
could you spare a little time? We need someone that could visit Albion's Swan Library on occasion to look for a needed obituary in the newspapers on microfilm at the library.
If you feel you might be able to help, or have any questions, please e-mail me at mstack(a)rochester.rr.com or contact me by telephone at (585) 798-3104. Thank you.
Mary Hibbard Stack mstack(a)rochester.rr.com
Staff Member: Orleans County GenWeb:
Member: Orleans County Genealogical Society:
I'm looking for any information that people may have
about a Jared Goodrich born about 1831 in Kendall,
Orleans Co. I cannot find any information about names
of parents or any other ancestors. I know he marries
a Cynthia Barnes in 1851 in Clarkson, Monroe Co.
Do you Yahoo!?
Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
Welcome to the NYORLEAN mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to email@example.com and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.