Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
SHERMAN'S buried in Shelby Center Cemetery, THOMPSON, MOORE, MADISON,
HOFFMAN, HILLS -- some lived down in Stafford, Genesee Co. as well.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Jean Maris in FL
I'm new to the list. My Orleans Co., NY ancestors are:
Harvey and Marsena MUNN (aka Harry & Marcie), who left their home in
Connecticut and migrated across New York State with their young children
Abel and Genette. Along the way, their son Henry J. MUNN was born in
Plymouth, Chenango Co., NY on 16 Mar 1823. Their next child, Leaman /
Leman / or Lee MUNN was born 10 Oct 1829 in Orleans Co., NY. The family
lived in Carlton, Orleans Co., NY.
Harvey "Harry" MUNN
b 1790 CT
m Marsena _______ CT
d 1877 Carlton, Orleans Co., NY
Marsena "Marcie" ______
b 1796 CT
d 8 Jul 1864 Carlton, Orleans Co., NY
Children of Harvey & Marsena:
1. Abel MUNN, b abt 1816 CT, m Lucinda NYE, lived in Orleans Co., NY;
WI & MI.
2. Genette MUNN, b abt 1818 CT, m William CHAMBERLAIN, lived in Aurora,
Erie Co., NY and Carlton, Orleans Co., NY.
3. Henry J. MUNN b 1823 Plymouth, Chenango Co., NY, m Caroline BALLOU,
4. Leaman or Lee MUNN b 1829 Orleans Co., NY, m Sarah McGUIRE, d 1907
Leaman's grandson Stanley D. MUNN died 9 Sep 1971 in Carlton also. If
you know of anyone related to this family, please contact me. Thanks!
I stumbled upon this biography while researching my ever elusive WARREN
family. I don't know if he's related to me or not, but this info would
Biography of James J. Warren of Greenbush, Clinton Co., Michigan
This was sent ot me by a new member. Thought ai would send it on to the
list in case there are any WARREN researchers out there.
Sharon A. Kerridge samk(a)mfi.net
Marge Goodrich Schultz marge(a)eznet.net
Orleans County Coordinators
New York GENWEB Orleans County
New York GENWEB Main Page
Join the Orleans county mailing list
write subscribe in the body of the message
Welcome to the NYORLEAN mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.