Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
Hello All . . .
Although I haven't made any announcements to the LIST lately, it was a
busy April with many contributions of photos and data.
Great photos of the Walton Post Office and Walton Reporter from Paula
Hughson. Paula also submitted many family photos (Clark, Judd, Archer,
Churchill, Simonson) and a land sale document in Davenport (Denend,
Photos of Redmond, Smith, Tuttle families courtesy of Ann Laing.
Photos from the ODell Cemetery in Harpersfield compliments of D. J. Paul.
ALSO - I have re-instituted the PayPal Donation button in order to make
it more convenient for those who wish to support this all volunteer
site. It will show up on your charge statement with my name and perhaps
thegreatconnection. Not much has come in these past 2 - 3 years.
Hopefully we can revive the enthusiasm. See:
http://www.dcnyhistory.org/sponsors.html for past contributors.
Link will once again be placed on the 'Search Engine' page. This page
has been edited and also renamed, so you may need to hit refresh/reload
to get it. See http://www.dcnyhistory.org/index2.html to reach all updates.
There is nothing right now in my "Put Online" folder, so now is your
chance to forward your family data/photos to me for inclusion in this
As always, it is a pleasure to work with all of you.
Joyce Riedinger, Manager
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
I got a message from the New England Historical Genealogical Society about free acces. I checked and it's a real offer. Keep in mind that the society's materials aren't limited to New England alone:
"A BILLION Records FREE!
Through April 13, American Ancestors by New England Historic Genealogical Society is offering FREE access to one billion online records on AmericanAncestors.org. Free accounts ordinarily allow Guest Users only a sampling of the vast offerings that NEHGS provides family historians of all levels. This unprecedented promotion offers the Society's entire collection of online content for eight full days to anyone who registers for a free account! Already registered? Just log in and start searching. Please share this exciting opportunity with friends, family, and fellow family historians!
All the best, Julia
Welcome to the NYDELAWA mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.