Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
Thank you so much for your kind words. I have enjoyed every minute of
working with the site and all the contributors thereof.
Since we are in the middle of transferring responsibility of work on the
site, I have a question. Did I already respond to you regarding the file you
wish to have on the dcnyhistory.org website?
From: Valerie via
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2014 9:52 AM
Subject: [NYDELAWA] I have a family story to add to the site
I have a family history to have uploaded to the site. Where do I send it?
What format shall I send it in?
Mostly, I want to say that over all these years you have done a fantastic
job creating and maintaining this site along with all the work and
contributions that have come along. I wish you continued good health. :-)
With kind regards,
To contact list administrator send email to nydelawa-admin(a)rootsweb.com
To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
NYDELAWA-request(a)rootsweb.com with the word 'unsubscribe' without the quotes
in the subject and the body of the message
This is a Message Board Post that is gatewayed to this mailing list.
Message Board URL:
Message Board Post:
A Potpourri of Genealogical Research Tools and A Hodgepodge of Lesser Known Gems
Steve Morse, nationally known genealogical expert is the creator of the One-Step Webpages, stevemorse.org which have made searching easier for genealogists all over the world. We expect a large turnout for this meeting and due to limited space ask that you pre-register for the event at contactcdgs(a)gmail.com
William K. Sanford Town Library (Colonie)
629 Albany-Shaker Road, Loudonville
Saturday Oct 25, 2014
1:00 Starting with Speaker
Please join us!
The meeting is free and open to the public.
The author of this message may not be subscribed to this list. If you would like to reply to them, please click on the Message Board URL link above and respond on the board.
Welcome to the NYDELAWA mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to email@example.com and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.