I am looking for information on Isaac Beman, b. 7 Jan 1755 in Kent,
CT, son of Thomas Beman and Bethia Tracy. Isaac served in the American
and applied for a pension in 1832. His application states that he was a
resident of the
Town of Chatham, Columbia Co., NY for more than 40 years. He married a
whose first name was Lydia. She was born ca 1755. The first record I
have for her are
church records in North Chatham, Baptist I seem to remember. I am
information on Lydia. I only have one record of a child and wonder if
there were more.
Their daughter Delilah married 1810, Abraham Ashley, b. 14 July 1789,
Columbia Co., NY, the son of Noah Ashley and Rebecca Reynolds. Abraham
Quaker. He died 12 Dec 1876, Chatham, Columbia Co., NY. Delilah died 7
1853, Chatham. They are both buried in the cemetery in Rayville.
If it is any help, their children were:
(1) Russell D. Ashley b. 31 Dec 1810, d. 1889.
(2) Mary Ashley b. 26 Feb 1813, d. 1885.
(3) William Ashley b. 8 Oct 1814, d. 6 Oct 1836.
(4) Abraham Ashley Jr. b. 9 May 1816.
(5) James Ashley b. 6 Feb 1818.
(6) George Ashley b. 24 March 1820.
(7) Bernard H. Ashley b. 31 July 1823, NY, d. 1898.
(8) Ruth Ashley b. 7 July 1825, d. 3 Feb 1914.
(9) Margaret Ashley b. 1827, NY.
(10) Desmond Ashley b. 9 Oct 1827.
(11) Winifred O. Ashley b. 17 Jan 1830, d. 25 July 1800, Great
Berkshire Co., MA, buried: Greenlawn Cemetery, Housatonic.
Thanks very much.
Debbie Winchell, Troy, NY