Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
*From the Columbia board - 1/17/18*
Has anyone done any research on this Richard Moore family? I know he
married Elizabeth (Lisabeth) Hogeboom, daughter of Jacob, granddaughter of
Derrick Hogeboom on 25 Sep 1784 ? Claverack, Columbia Co., NY. Richard and
Elizabeth are my 5th great grandparents and I'm trying to find the ancestry
of Richard. Any help you can give me would be awesome! Donna
from Columbia board - 1/18/18
Neil, You were right to be skeptical. While it IS possible, it is unlikely.
I found this marriage announcement for Jacob's daughter Mary Jane and
Charles Metzgar. This was taken from the Hudson Daily Star, January 6,
from Columbia board - 1/18/18
author - ringring1a
Thank you for the kindness and consideration in writing and searching for
me. You seemed to imply that it was wise of me to be careful. However, this
seems to give greater credence to Mary Jane's mother Sarah being a Metzger.
While I did not give all full details in my initial e mail, mother Sarah
was born in Pennsylvania and Jacob in New Jersey. Since I wrote this
message I found another source for Sarah's maiden name being Metzger with
an 1831 marriage ( I am on business trip right now without notes and dont
recall exact date) of Sarah Metzger to Jacob Rose in Easton, Northampton
County Pennsylvania. The year is one before their first child was born in
Pennsylvania as all other children were born in New York on their removal
to Columbia County. Easton, Northampton County Pa is right across the river
from New Jersey where Jacob was born. That their daughter married a Metzger
same town Easton in the same County as this Sarah Metzger was born give a
family tie. He could be a cousin or distant relative of mother Sarah
Metzger. Sorry I dont have the exact citation for the marriage 1831 or so
of Jacob Rose and Sarah Metzger. Neil
Welcome to the NYCOLUMB mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to email@example.com and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.