I am seeking the help of some more logical minds than mine, with a better
knowledge of the region, than I can get from maps.
I am trying to piece together some of the events of the life of a Hannah who
may have been born Hannah HURST, married William HALL and then married
Samuel HARRIS; or am I trying to tie together two, or even three different
1. A Hannah HURST was bapt. at Everton on June 24, 1787, the daughter
of William HURST and Mary.
2. A Hannah HURST married William HALL at Bawtry on October 8, 1804.
3. William HALL, father William, mother Hannah was bapt. at Southwell
St. Mary on March 6, 1809.
4. Ann HALL, father William, mother Hannah was bapt. at Oxton on
December 10, 1810.
5. Robert HALL, father not recorded, mother Hannah HALL was bapt. at
East Retford in June 1814.
6. William HALL, aged 40, abode Retford, was drowned at East Muskram
in July 1814.
7. Mary HALL father William, mother Hannah, was bapt. at Southwell on
March 31, 1815.
8. Hannah HALL married Samuel HARRIS at Everton on March 6, 1815.
9. Hannah and Samuel were living next door to Robert (5 above) in the
10. In the 1851 census, Hannah HARRIS 64 and married, and born in Everton,
is living at a different address in Ranskill from Samuel HARRIS.
I know there were other Hannah HALLS in the general district. A Hannah
HALL, daughter of William HALL and Martha, was baptised at East Retford on
December 13, 1789. There were also marriages between a Hannah HALL and
Samuel KEETLY at Lenton on October 21, 1806
John HOULGATE at Misson on October 29, 1807
James DANBY at Mansfield St. Peter on August 26, 1814
Robert PARKINSON at Southwell St Mary on March 31, 1816 and
James CHILD at Austerfield on May 2, 1816.
The queries I have are how do I find out if
1 The Hannah in 1, above, is also the Hannah in 5?
2 Is the Hannah in 3, 4 and 7 one Hannah?
3 Is the Hannah in 3, 4 and 7 the Hannah in 1, 2 and 5?
Sorry to be so long winded, but I am confused. That they are all one seems
to me, at the moment, to be just possible, but implausible. But just who
belongs where is still not clear to me, or is it just too late at night?