Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
Is anyone researching the PEAT family of Ashleyhay, near Wirksworth? I'm
trying to piece together the family pre-1800, starting with the PEAT
page in Ince's pedigrees, and the parish records on Ancestry.
One member of the family was Thomas PEAT (1708–1780), almanac-maker, who
was born in 1708 at Ashleyhay, where his father held a farm. He early
acquired a taste for learning, which his father strove to repress. He
then went to live with his brother, a joiner in Nottingham, to whom he
became apprenticed, but who gave him no more encouragement. In 1740 he
was one of the principal projectors of ‘The Gentleman's Diary, or
Thanks for pointing that out. I got the same deal last year but would
have missed this one if you hadn't emailed.
The offer popped up as soon as I opened Ancestry.
Happy New Year,
On 04/01/18 21:41, Nick Higton wrote:
> Last year, I bought an annual subscription in the Ancestry January
> sale. I made sure that I unchecked the Automatic Renewal button
> during the year, and so the subscription expired a couple of days ago.
> Today, there is a new sale, and I've just renewed my UK Annual Premium
> membership for £59.99 (a 50% discount).
> I'm also signed up to TopCashBack, and by going to Ancestry through
> them I may also get a partial refund on my membership fee. Last year,
> I received a refund of £17.
> Quite a bargain, but I think the Ancestry website is clever enough to
> hide the discount offer when it chooses, so it might take a little
> Notts Surname List
> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
> NOTTSGEN-request(a)rootsweb.com with the word 'unsubscribe' without the
> quotes in the subject and the body of the message
Pointing your list members to a new list
This will be the new list when rootsweb will close from Mar 2.
Welcome to the NOTTSGEN mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.