Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
This is a Message Board Post that is gatewayed to this mailing list.
Message Board URL:
Message Board Post:
Do you know where William holder is buried? I found Anna but have not been able to find Williams's burial site. Thanks. Kay
The author of this message may not be subscribed to this list. If you would like to reply to them, please click on the Message Board URL link above and respond on the board.
There are many (at least, several) Levi Wilcox families that I have come
across but I am looking for a couple daughters of the Levi Wilcox & wife
Elizabeth (nee' Alkire) and what might have happened to them after this
census since they did not traverse to Washington state with the rest of the
family - if they did, they married prior to the 1887 territorial census in
Washington as they are not listed with the family. The two girls that I am
questioning would be Alice born from 1863-1867 (depending on which census
records to follow) and Ellen aka Nellie and same time frames. They were of
marriageable age in 1885 so I am thinking they may have married before the
family left Nebraska. Can anyone give me "leads" as to where my best
chances might be in locating these two girl who would have been sisters to
my great grandfather, George Benjamin Wilcox. hank you for taking the time
to read this.
Antoinette (Tacoma, Washington)
I've "rescued" an old photograph of William H. HOWARD which was taken at the
Western Portrait and View Co. in Syracuse, Nebraska. The photograph
indicates that it was taken in December 1894 with William appearing to be
about 5-6 years old at the time. I'm hoping to locate someone from this
HOWARD Family so that the photograph can be returned to their care. If you
are a member of this family, or you know someone who might be, please
Welcome to the NEOTOE mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.