Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
I've "rescued" an old photograph of Earl Leonard WHITAKER which was taken at
the Edgerton & Craig Studio in Fremont, Nebraska. The photograph appears to
have been taken in the early 1900's with Earl noted as just 3 1/2 months old
at the time the photograph was taken. Based on limited research I was able
to locate the following information regarding Earl and his family:
Earl L. WHITAKER was b. 8 Jun 1904 in Fremont, NE to parents Albert WHITAKER
and Grace G. COOK. Earl died in Fremont, NE on 21 May 1959 and is buried
there in the Ridge Cemetery.
Census records provide the following detail:
1910 census of Fremont, NE:
Albert WHITAKER, age 32, married 9 years, 2 children/2 living, born IA,
parents born NY, a Mason Contractor
Grace WHITAKER, wife, age 28, married 9 years, 2 children/2 living, born IA,
parents born IA
Viola WHITAKER, dau, age 7, born NE
Earl WHITAKER, son, age 5, born NE
Eva COOK, sister-in-law, age 22, born IA, parents born IA, a Telephone
1920 census of Fremont/Platte, NE:
Albert WHITAKER, age 42, born IA, parents born NY, a Mason
Grace WHITAKER, wife, age 37, born IA, parents born IA, a Housewife
Viola WHITAKER, dau, age 17, born NE, in School
Earle WHITAKER, son, age 15, born NE, in School
Glen WHITAKER, son, age 8, born NE, in School
Twila Grace WHITAKER, dau, age 5, born NE, in School
Alberta WHITAKER, dau, age 2, born NE
I am hoping that someone from the family can be located so that the
photograph can be returned to their care. If you are a member of this
family, or you know someone who might be, please contact me.
Welcome to the NEDODGE mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.