Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
For the people listed who died in Oregon more than fifty years ago, you
should be able to obtain a copy of their death certificate by emailing the
information to Reference.Archives(a)state.or.us
and give them your name and mailing address. They will send you copies for
only 25 cents each plus postage. They ask that you request only two at one
time and that they be of the same sort of record. You can do a search for
other information that may be available at the website
Good luck on your research.
Verdena (Moffitt) Veelle
Moffitt; Allen; Watt; Greaser;
Bowman; Lilley; Curry; Hase;
Veelle; and W.a.l.c.h
For He will give His angels charge over you in all your ways.....Psalms
: I'm new to this list. I'm researching TWISS / TWIST.
I'm new to this list. I'm researching TWISS / TWIST.
Descendants of Robert A Twiss
Robert A Twiss b: June 29, 1861 in Washington D.C. d: November 12, 1951 in
+Mary Bertha Seals b: May 1862 in Dublin, Ireland d: December 13, 1925 in
Portland, Multnomah Co, OR
2 Frank John Twiss b: January 30, 1888 in Cheyenne, Laramie, Wyoming d:
April 1964 in Oregon
+Anna b: Abt. 1888 in Oregon d: 1923
2 Robert Aloysius Twiss b: July 08, 1889 in Fremont, Dodge Co, NE d:
1971 Celilo, Rowena, The Dalles, Wasco, OR
+Gertrude Brady b: October 20, 1892 d: November 08, 1928 in The Dalles,
Wasco Co, OR
*2nd Wife of Robert Aloysius Twiss:
2 Anna M Twiss b: March 1891 in Fremont, Dodge Co, NE
Any help is appreciated. (Sources in Nebraska where I have already located
them are the 1900 census and 1902 Ed of the Notable Men of Nebraska)
--- Merilee Blaine
Hello, I just found another cousin I hope to find info on.
I hoped to find her obit and her family.
I just found her name, so this is all I know so far.
AGNES (Nelson?) WOOLHISER
b. 19 Sep 1904
d. 04 Sep 1993 (Fremont, Dodge, NE)
Thanks very much,
I've been trying to find a distant cousin's family and just found a name. I
then found her in the SSDI and an Obit Index. I'd love to get her Obit, or
any details on her parents or children.
I know she's connected to the family, but hoped to find how she fits. Hoping
her family can help fill in some missing details.
RHEA, Sena (JENSEN); 87; Fremont NE; Fremont Trib; 1997-9-15
SENA RHEA 10 Mar 1910 13 Sep 1997 68025 (Fremont, Dodge, NE) 508-24-5357 NE
Welcome to the NEDODGE mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to email@example.com and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.