Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
Searching for the following family and any connections in Tunica for:
Family Names: Kinney, Andrews, Mullins, Sadler, Ray, McPeak, Henderson,
Gardner, Roycroft, LaRue, Dooley, Stephens
Frank Kinney - born Al about 1826, died in Tunica, April 1874
married 1849/1850 probably Pontotoc Co. Ms.
Catherine (nee unknown) born Sept. 1829, Mississippi
1. Relda born abt. 1849/50 in Pontotoc Co, Ms
2. Martha born abt. 1850 Pontotoc or Columbus
Lowndes Co, Mississippi
3. Lucy G. born abt. 1852 prob. Columbus, Lowndes
married # 1. H.S. Sadler July 9, 1868, in
Tunica, Ms. H.S. Sadler was born 1833 in North
Carolina. H.S. Sadler died bef.1879
1. Mattie Sadler born Sept/Nov 1869,
2. Katie Sadler born 1872 Tunica,
married # 1. Benjamin Ray in Tunica. He was
born abt. 1850 Mississippi.
1. Mary Ray born 1879 in Tunica Ms.
4. John born abt. 1857 prob. Columbus, Lowndes
5. James Edward born March 1855 prob.
Columbus, Lowndes County, Mississippi. Married
Mary E. (Unknown) in 1885. Mary E. was born
in North Carolina. They had no children of
their own. Adopted Felix N. Kinney and Johnna
Murry Kinney's son Bob Joe after they died in 1900
an 1901 respectively. James was executor to
Felix's estate. Disappeared in 1910. Mary
living in Memphis with Bob Joe in 1920, she was living
alone in Memphis in 1930.
6. Henry N. born April 19, 1856 prob. Columbus,
Mississippi. Died March 23, 1914 in Joiner, Arkansas.
Married Mary "Mollie" Andrews, 1884 in Tunica.
Mollie was born Sept. 1860 in Tunica. Mollie's
parents were Newton Franklin Andrews b. 1831 Tn. and
Martha E. Mullins Andrews born 1832 North Carolina.
Mollie had two brothers William and Robert Andrews.
1.Newton Franklin Kinney was born
April 9, 1881 in Mississippi. He died
Jan. 19, 1943 in Bassett, Arkansas
2. Robert C. Kinney was born Feb.
1883 in Mississippi. He died 00/00/00
in prob. Memphis, Tn.
3. Jennie Kinney was born July 1885
4. Ella Kinney was born April 1889
in Mississippi. She died 00/00/00
in prob. Arkansas.
5. Harry Kinney was born Sept. 1892
in Mississippi. He died June 26,
1955 in Memphis, Tn..
7. Edward born abt. 1859 Tunica, Mississippi
8. Mary (Mollie) born abt. 1861Tunica, Mississippi.
Married a McPeak. Mary died in Memphis, 1935.
Probably lived in Crittenden Co. Arkansas.
1. Edith McPeak - born bef. 1900
9. Anna born abt. 1864 Tunica, Mississippi
10. Daniel N. born October 1868 Tunica,
Mississippi. Married Clalista Cory Tunica 1894.
Cliss born June 1875, Natchez, Ms. died August 6,
1936, Norfolk, Va. Daniel Died in Arkansas bef.
1. Daniel Webster Kinney was born
September 18, 1896 in Arkansas. He died
Jan. 31, 1927 in Memphis, Tennessee.
2. Francis Phillip Kinney was born May 6,
1910 in Arkansas. He died Feb. 20, 1960 in
Winston Salem, Forsyth Co, NC.
3. Naomi Kinney was born November 5,
1895 in Tunica, Mississippi. She died
Jan. 25, 1977 in Bowling Green, Warren Co,
4. Cory A. Kinney was born August 6,
1897 in Tunica, Mississippi. He died
April 14, 1922 in Memphis, Tennessee.
5. Catherine Kinney was born Feb.
1899 in Tunica, Mississippi. She died in
pos. Norfolk, VA.
11. Felix N. born September 1872 in Tunica,
Mississippi. Died June 6, 1901 in Tunica, Ms.
Married Johnna Murry in July 1895 (Tunica). Johnna
was from Arkabutla, Ms. born Feb. 1876, died 1900.
1. Ruth Kinney, born Sept. 20, 1898,
Adopted by John W. Henderson and
Josephine Stephens Henderson abt. 1905 -
1910 after parents died. JW Henderson was
a lawyer in Tunica and built a house at 1120
Hickory (it's currently a bed and breakfast)
#1 married: Byron Smith
Travis in Memphis Tn. Jan.
1. Byron Kinney Travis
born Jan 3, 1923, Tunica,
Ms/Memphis, Tn. AKA Roy
Adopted by Roy C. Lipscomb
and Nona Lipscomb, Jan.
17, 1923, in Memphis,
Tn/Crittenden Co. Ark. 2. Bob Joe Kinney,
born 1900, Tunica, Ms. Died March
1924, Memphis, Tn. Special
Agent on Railroad, shot and killed.
3. Felix Leon Kinney born 1900,
Tunica, Ms. died as an infant.
Searching for a connection to:
John Foster b 1857 Canada lived in Tunica
Amanda Blair md a John Foster in 1886
Maria J. Dwyer Brogin md a John Foster in 1889
Sarah Elizabeth Baird Harris md John Foster in 1896
Charles Wesley Foster b 1892
Jane Parthania Skaggs md Charles Foster 1911
Hope to heard from you all. Barbie
Let's try to find some connections and ancestors! Please send a post about
your Tunica County ancestors to the list so that other cousins can see who
you are hunting, and maybe help you find them!
Be sure to include the dates for your ancestors.
Carol C-H <cch(a)netdoor.com> http://www2.netdoor.com/~cch/
Welcome to the MSTUNICA mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to email@example.com and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.