Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
The scheduled Dec. 3, 2005 meeting of the WPGHA has been postponed because
of the various Christmas activities in the area. The new date for the
meeting will be announced as soon as possible.
I apologize for any confusion that may have been caused.
Maude Ann Gilmore
The Winn Genealogical and Historical Association will meet on Saturday,
Dec. 3, in the meeting room located on the second floor of the Winn Parish
Health Unit building, 301-A Main, Winnfield. The stairs are located at the
rear of the building. Business meeting begins at 12:00, social at 1:00.
Bring a refreshment, your latest discovery and your "brick wall" to
share. Joins us for the election of new officers, an informal discussion
We look forward to seeing you there.
Maude Ann Gilmore
WPGHA - Vice-president
This is a Message Board Post that is gatewayed to this mailing list.
Surnames: Brannon, Hinton
Message Board URL:
Message Board Post:
I am looking for information on: Jane E. Brannon Hinton who is listed in the LA Conf.Pension Index. Winn Parish.
The target card (whatever that is) is listed as:
James E. Hinton.
The soldier is: Robert Hinton, Branch: ARTILLERY
Unit: LOGAN'S ______
Company: CO. F
Unit: 2ND BATTALION HEAVY
Company: CO. F
Winn (civil) Parish (ie county) Louisiana
Welcome to the LAWINN mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to email@example.com and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.