Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
I've "rescued" an old autograph album which originally belonged to Vince or
Vincent LARKINS of Lock Haven, PA. The album includes entries from both
family and friends including Vince's sister C. F. LARKINS, and Cousins C. G.
MCCAFFREY, and "Mame" along with 13 friends. Based on limited research I was
able to locate the following information regarding Vincent and his family:
Vincent LARKINS was b. abt 1868 in Lock Haven, PA to parents William LARKINS
(1833-1898) and Caroline AGAR (1836-1892). Vincent was one of 6 children
born to this couple including, Mary E.; Edward J.; Helen Blanche; Vincent;
Franklin "Frank" P.; and Caroline "Carrie" F. "Dolly" LARKINS, all born
between 1857 and 1878.
Caroline F. "Carrie" or "Dolly" LARKINS was b. 19 Jun 1878 in Lock Haven, PA
and married Joseph Aloysius SHEEHAN Sr. (1875-1958) and together they had
three children including, William L.; Elizabeth; and Joseph Aloysius SHEEHAN
Jr., all born between 1900 and 1914. Caroline died 12 Mar 1927 in
Caroline Gertrude MCCAFFREY was b. 4 Jun 1874 in Lock Haven, PA to parents
Patrick C. MCCAFFREY (1841-1913) and Rebecca AGAR (1845-1932). Caroline was
one of three children born to this family including, Mary A.; Caroline
Gertrude; and Estella M. "Stella" MCCAFFREY, all born between 1870 and 1875.
Caroline died 16 Mar 1912 in Lock Haven.
Census records provide the following details:
1870 census of Lock Haven, PA:
William LARKINS, age 37, a Shoemaker, born Ireland
Caroline LARKINS, age 34, born PA
Edward LARKINS, age 12, born PA
Mary LARKINS, age 4, born PA
Vincent LARKINS, age 2, born PA
Edward LARKINS, age 20, born PA
Frank TRUMP, age 20, born PA
Thomas DOROTY, age 16, born PA
Edward FOUKER, age 15, born PA
Mary GROSS, age 17, born PA
1880 census of Lock Haven, PA:
William LARKINS, age 46, a Shoemaker, born Ireland, parents born Ireland
Caroline LARKINS, wife, age 42, Keeping House, born MA, parents born Ireland
E. J. LARKINS, son, age 21, Insurance Office Clerk, born PA
Mary LARKINS, dau, age 14, Attending School, born PA
Vincent LARKINS, son, age 12, Attending School, born PA
Frank LARKINS, son, age 9, Attending School, born PA
Carrie LARKINS, dau, age 7, Attending School, born PA
+ 1 Servant
I am hoping to locate someone from the family so that this wonderful old
treasure can be returned to the care of family. If you are a member of this
family, or you know someone who might be, please contact me.
Welcome to the LARKINS mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.