Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
This is a Message Board Post that is gatewayed to this mailing list.
Message Board URL:
Message Board Post:
LARKINS, Mrs. Lois Lenora age 88, of Dayton, Ohio passed away Tuesday, August 3, 2010.
Born in Union, South Carolina to the late Shepard and Polly Ashford Tucker and a resident of Dayton, Ohio the majority of her life.
A graduate of Paul Laurence Dunbar High School, Class of 1940 and served as a board member of the Dunbar Alumni Association.
She was a long time devoted member of Greater Allen A.M.E. Church.
Preceded in death by her husband, Louis G. Larkins, Sr.; daughter, Lola J. Rucker; son, Louis G. Larkins, Jr.; all of her siblings.
She leaves to cherish her memory, her devoted daughter, Polly A. Fluellin; grandson, Darryl Lee Fluellin; extended family, Maurice & Alberta Minor and their daughter & sons, Barbara O, Raymond & Marlon; Goddaughter, Bertha Anderson; dear friends, Cecelia Wise, the Hewitt family, Essie Bruce, Ruby Wade, Ruth Chapman, Cora Bonner, the Greater Allen Church family, Ellison Center family & the Sumlin family; a host of nieces, nephews, great nieces & nephews and many, many other loving friends.
Funeral service will be held 12 noon Tuesday, August 10, 2010 at Greater Allen A.M.E. Church, 1620 W. Fifth St. Rev. Dr. Earl G. Harris officiating.
Entombment Woodland Mausoleum. Visitation 9 am Tuesday at the church until the time of service.
Family will receive friends one hour prior to service. Arrangements entrusted to the HOUSE OF WHEAT Funeral Home, Inc., 2107 N. Gettysburg Ave.
Online condolences may be expressed at houseofwheat(a)woh.rr.com
Published in the Dayton Daily News from 8/7/2010 - 8/9/2010
The author of this message may not be subscribed to this list. If you would like to reply to them, please click on the Message Board URL link above and respond on the board.
Welcome to the LARKINS mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to email@example.com and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.