Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
As far back as I have been able to get on the Larkins' is my gggrandfather,
William Larkins, born 1820 in Georgia. On Nov. 7, 1839 in Pulaski County,
Georgia he married Sarah Odom born 1821 in Georgia. They both died in
Liberty County, Florida. He died in 1859 and she died after 1880. If
anyone has any info on either of these, I would appreciate hearing from
Ann McClellan email <chief(a)gtcom.net>
My Larkins line. What I know:
James Larkins married Ann Wright. They had 1 child. He was
James Wright Larkins B: 23 Mar 1881 in Cambridge,Middlesex Co,MA
He D: 6 Jan 1964 in Tacoma,Pierce Co,WA where he is buried. He married
12 Apr 1907 Grand Rapids,MN to Mary Matilda Lozway B:25 July 1890 in Deer
River,MN. She D: 27 Jan 1977 in Tacoma,Pierce Co,WA where she is buried. They
had 12 children, which I have their info. Mary Lozway's parents were Daniel
Lozway and Mary Ann Hart.
What I would like to find out is: Was James W. Larkins really born in MA.
Where are his parents from and what happened to them? Did James W. Larkins
have any siblings and where are they? James W. Larkins left home at the age
of 14 and never told anyone why, where his family was, he never talked about
I would also like to find out about Mary Lozway Larkins parents and siblings.
Thank you for your time and help..Cathy Larkins
What I know:
Lewis Larkins, b. 14 Dec 1818 in Vermont, m. Nancy Ann Henry, d. 26 Jul
1891 in Crawford County, Pa. They had 4 children: Harmon (1848-1849),
Joshua (1849-1849), Martha P. (1853-1884), and Fayette L. (1856-1880).
Martha married a Shearer, and had a daughter Cora. Fayette married Mary
Wilkins and had a son Ira D. (1879-?) Ira D. Larkins married Cressie
Prather in 1898, and they had two daughters, Eva (1899-1994) and Iva
(1901-1990). He moved to Montana, and was divorced from Cressie in 1907.
Iva was my grandmother.
What I want to learn:
Lewis Larkins was probably the son of Joshua Lorin Larkin (b. 4 Jun 1791
in Brandon, Vermont) and Laura Leonard. He may have had a brother,
Joseph, b. 22 Nov 1828 in Vermont. I need proof.
What happened to Cora Shearer?
Did Lewis have any other siblings? What happened to them?
What happened to Mary (Wilkins) Larkins after the death of Fayette?
What happened to Ira?
Welcome to the LARKINS mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.