I am most interested in finding the documentation of the marriage of Jean
Lanier and Mathias Tobias Swanner perhaps in 1722 Bertie Precinct, NC. There
are deeds transferring land from Robert Lanier and his wife Sarah to Mathias
Tobias in 1722. This same land is transferred from Mathias Tobias Swanner
and his wife Jean Swanner to Isaac Brawley in 1730. Has anyone ever come
across this marriage?
Jean Lanier (b. 1696) was the eldest daughter of Robert Lanier and Sarah
Barker. I also have another Lanier woman among my ancestors. That would be
Ann Lanier, daughter of John "Robert" Lanier and Sarah. John "Robert"
was the youngest son of Robert Lanier and Sarah Barker.
If any one has connections to the following line, I'd like to hear from
them. Thank you.
1. Robert Lanier and Sarah Barker
2. Jean Lanier and Matthias Tobias Swanner / 2. John "Robert" Lanier &
3. William Lanier Swanner & Sarah Howard / 3. Ann Lanier & Wm. Teal, Sr.
4.Thomas Swanner & Sally / 4. William Teal Jr & Sarah Dupree
5. James Swanner & Lydia Teal / Lydia Teel & James Swanner (I believe this
makes James and Lydia 3rd cousins)
6. James Madison Swanner & Sarah
7. William G. Swanner & Margaret M. Saunders
8. Mary Teresa Swanner & Henry Gabler
9. Lina Mae Gabler & Robert Warden Balckburn
10. my grandparents
11. my parents