Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
Just wanted to personally welcome you to the Landwehr list. Please go ahead and post who you're looking for and where they were at. Maybe you'll make a connection.
Rootsweb list administrator for Hild, Bryen, Piepergerdes, Hinderks, Nothold, Ellerman, Heidbreder, Wermke, Bezeau, Brisco, and Landwehr
Welcome to the Landwehr mailing list!! Please post the info on who you're searching for and maybe you can make a connection with someone else on the list. I know we're connected, but maybe someone else is, too.
Were these folks Protestant or Catholic? And do you know if they had any
connections to families named Esch or Kurk? There were a lot of families
from Schale, Westfalen who immigrated, & I know there were Kurk & Esch folks
at Quincy. The Landwehr folks from Schale settled in northern Illinois &
southern Michigan, but I think we have some that aren't accounted for. Also,
a few Landwehrs from Schale went to other towns in Westfalen or Hannover, or
even Holland, & some may have immigrated from those places.
Gloria (Landwer) Scott
In a message dated 9/19/2002 9:04:35 AM Central Standard Time,
> I'm trying to decide if this Henry is part of my Landwehrs, so if anyone
> knows about this family, please let me know.
> 1860 4th Ward, Quincy, Adams County, Illinois Census
> M653_154, Page 216, Dwelling 1537, Family 1657
> Henry Landweirhn -- age 55 - male - day laborer - 400 - 100 - Prussia
> Anna M. -- age 50 - female - Prussia
> John H. -- age 22 - male - Prussia
> Anna -- age 21 - female - Prussia
> Emma L. -- age 3/12 - female - Illinois
> Gottlieb - age 17 - male - Prussia
> Herman F. -- age 15 - male - Prussia
> Fred W. -- age 12 - male - Prussia
> I believe the above John H. and Anna are married and Emma may or may not be
> their child. I would love to hear from anyone who knows about this family.
I'm trying to decide if this Henry is part of my Landwehrs, so if anyone knows about this family, please let me know.
1860 4th Ward, Quincy, Adams County, Illinois Census
M653_154, Page 216, Dwelling 1537, Family 1657
Henry Landweirhn -- age 55 - male - day laborer - 400 - 100 - Prussia
Anna M. -- age 50 - female - Prussia
John H. -- age 22 - male - Prussia
Anna -- age 21 - female - Prussia
Emma L. -- age 3/12 - female - Illinois
Gottlieb - age 17 - male - Prussia
Herman F. -- age 15 - male - Prussia
Fred W. -- age 12 - male - Prussia
I believe the above John H. and Anna are married and Emma may or may not be their child. I would love to hear from anyone who knows about this family.
These Landwehr marriages were found in the Illinois Statewide Marriage Index 1763 - 1900 at http://cyberdriveillinois.com/cgi-bin/archives/marriage.s
Adams County, Illinois
Landwehr, August H. -- Rossenkotter, Emma -- 4/14/1885
Landwehr, Frank -- Wehkamp, Mary -- 5/2/1895
Landwehr, George -- Bernson Caroline -- 1/26/1864
Landwehr, George B. -- Eggert, Mollie -- 2/11/1890
Landwehr, Gotlieb D. -- Baugh, Wilhelmina (Bauch) -- 4/19/1872
Landwehr, Gottlieb D. -- Stranger, A Maria -- 12/22/1869
Landwehr, Herman H. -- Stieghorst, Hannah Fr -- 1/25/1866
Landwehr, John H. -- Muller, Minnie (Mueller) -- 6/20/1877
Landwehr, John H. -- Dingerdesen, Ann Maria E. -- 12/18/1859
Landwehr, Joseph -- Bringer, Fredericka -- 8/25/1868
Landwehr, Louis -- Uchtmann, Cheina/Jenney -- 5/2/1854
Landwehr, William -- Hild, Lydia -- 5/8/1888
Kruger, Herman H -- Landwehr A F -- 10/23/1868
Shea, T. Jeremiah -- Landwehr, Anna -- 2/7/1884
Honer, John Henry -- Landwehr, Anna M -- 6/12/1859
Brose, Fred T -- Landwehr, Emma E -- 2/14/1895
Kreager, Herman -- Landwehr, Fredericka -- 10/23/1868
Stackelbeck, William -- Landwehr, Fredericka -- 11/7/1866
Fey, Richard -- Landwehr, Frederika Mrs. -- 12/6/1874
Krowlmann, August -- Landwehr, Freiderike Louisa -- 5/10/1888
Schroeder, William -- Landwehr, Mary -- 12/13/1883
Wilper, Gerhard -- Landwehr, Mary -- 8/22/1871
*****NEW E-MAIL: dhild1(a)houston.rr.com *****
Hi to those on the list. I just thought I would send a note out and introduce myself. My name is Teresa Hild, and I am researching the Landwehrs of Quincy, Adams County, Illinois, and related families. Other surnames I am researching are: Hild, Schmitt, Schill, Waermke/Warmker, Ellerman, Nothold and various others.
As an administrator, I am pretty easygoing. I just have a few things that I would like to say:
1. I believe genealogy lists should be fun and informative. I think we need very few hard and fast rules.
2. All I ask is that you be considerate of your fellow list members. Remember, some people are beginners at computers, some at genealogy, some at using the English language. Please never be impatient with simple questions or expressions which are difficult to understand -- we are here to help each other.
3. Personal attacks and criticism -- or flaming -- are not permitted on this list. Off-topic messages should not be on the list. This includes virus warning and hoaxes, chain letters, and similar messages. Things like how to cook polk salad and other things our ancestors did are OKAY if we don't get sidetracked too much.
4. If you have a matter of an administrative nature that you feel needs attention, bring it to my attention and let me handle it as the list administrator. Do not try to handle such matters yourself either on or off the list. Contact me at LANDWEHR-admin(a)rootsweb.com.
5. When posting a new message to the list, select an informative but concise subject line. When replying to a post, remember to change the subject line if the subject being discussed changes. When replying to a message, if you intend your reply to go privately or to the list, be sure to check that the intended addresses are showing in the "Send To" box of your e-mail BEFORE clicking on SEND.
6. Genealogical information should be directed to the list, while "thank you" and other personal notes should be sent to the individual only. Remember, there may be someone out there lurking and trying to connect, so please make sure information goes back to the list.
7. And last and most important, have fun and send lots of information!!!!
The above are included in my welcome letter. Please introduce yourself and let me know which Landwehr you're researching and where.
Rootsweb list administrator for Hild, Bryen, Piepergerdes, Hinderks, Nothold, Ellerman, Heidbreder, Wermke,
Bezeau, Brisco, and Landwehr
Searching for information on the following family:
Name: William J. Landwehr (name on marriage license is John Frederick William Landwehr)
Born: Sep 1866
Place of Birth: Illinois (possibly Quincy, Adams County, Illinois)
Parents: John Henry Landwehr and Anna Maria E. Dingerdissen
Married: 8 May 1888 in Quincy, Adams Counyt, Illinois
To: Anna Catharina Lydia Hild (went by Lydia)
Born: Nov 1869
Place of Birth: Canton, Missouri
Parents: Georg Johann Hild and Christine Ernst
George H. Landwehr, b Aug 1888
William Landwehr, b. Apr 1890
Laura H. Landwehr, b. Mar 1892
Arthur J. Landwehr, b. Mar 1894
Clara L. Landwehr, b. Mar 1896
Margaret E. Landwehr, b. Jul 1899
Carl W. Landwehr, b. abt 1902
Louisa Landwehr, b. abt 1904
Mariel A. Landwehr, b. abt 1905
Found living with Lydia's mother in 1900 census records for Quincy, 4th Ward, Adams County, Illinois,
Christina Finke. Enumeration District 131. Found 1910 census records for Quincy, Adams County, Illinois,
Enumeration District 43.
If anyone has any information on this family, I would love to "chat" with you about them.
*****NEW E-MAIL: dhild1(a)houston.rr.com *****