Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
Hello to all list members of my lists at RootsWeb.com,
I'll tell you to Please have a safe Memorial Day...
My Cancer Surgery is on May 31, 2000 at 9:00 am Seattle, WA time.. At the VA Hospital....
I just asked Rootsweb.com if I could have the following List to Care for as they have no one willing to look after them..
I'll know if Rootsweb will let me Own/ Care for these lists for a few day yet but they have never said no before...
The above Surnames link back to many of us on these Surnames lists ...
So Feel Free To Join them and find even more family...
To Join Just Click the link and send it...
If I get these lists I'll ask them to join these lists also...
***** Lalonde List *****
Please do not send any more E--Mail addresses to the list at Rootsweb.com as it only Uses Up Disk Space at Rootsweb with NON Genealogy data.
After my return from surgery I tell you were to send your E-address if you which to share it wit the list....
It will most likely be <lalonde(a)galaxy-1.zzn.com>
For you others I'll set up a e-address also...
And e-address for the new lists also..
You can also get your own e-mail address from <http://galaxy-1.zzn.com> I Own the service and it's all Free for you list members..
Thank you All for Your Prayers and messages to and for me.
Howard E. DeFord
Oroville, Washington 98844-1382
Welcome to the LAMBERTON mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.