Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
Hello From The List-Owner/Manager,
I've tried to keep my / our lists as loss as possible without rules and limits on the members...
I may have been a bit lax in my duty though. Lately I've been receiving a lot of "SPAM" & "NONE Genealogical" messages from and to the lists.. Please Genealogy subjects only to the list(s)....
As List--Owner/Manager I receive copies of all messages sent to the list. Even the ones you the list members do not see....
Please send only information that pertanes to the Surname(s) in a pacific Surname List. If you have more then one list to send to make a new message for each list.
If you have a web-site with a database on it just send the URL: for the Main Index Page and one or to Surnames you found there. ie:
"At URL: http://hdeford.com you can find information on DeFord, Dufort, Lalonde, Lamberton, Ranger, Doust, and other related families. With links to other Family members web-sites."
Things Not to post:
** No Advertising for Books, CD's or other Commercal items.
** No Virus Notices.
** No None Genealogy Subjects.
Please Do read the information in the Roots Web Archives. We have a lot of data there, To find the Archives go to URL: http://rootsweb.com and follw the links to the Archives. Please .... Remember That Every Message is put into the Archives. So please remember that there is a limit as to how much disk space is out there. Do Not Send Junk To The List(s).
Howard E. DeFord
P.S. If you change Your ISP or Email address Please Unsubscribe from the list before you change the address and resubscribe with the new address....
Welcome to the LAMBERTON mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to email@example.com and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.