Hi, Cousin Leslie!
I was just going to enter the same information. However, I might add
that in a family note, Hannah was referred to as Mary Hannah. Our
documentation on this Hannah LABOYTEAUX who married Jacob Stryker is
from the baptism of the following children:
1. Catriena Stryker, bap. Oct. 20, 1792, Readington NJ DRC, m. William
2. Janetje (Jane) Stryker, bap. April 20, 1794, Readington NJ DRC
3. John Stryker, b. abt. 1794 in Somerset Co. NJ, d. June 15, 1840 in
OH, Buried in LABOYTEAUX Cemetary North College Hill, OH. John
Frances (Fanny) Eastlick.
3. Hannah Stryker, b March 8, 1795 m. Jacob Eastlick
4. Elizabeth Stryker, b. abt 1796 m. John Eastlick
5. Peter Stryker, b. 1801 m. Harriet Robbins
6. Barnabus Stryker (nothing known. he is listed in family papers and
Catriena named one of her sons Barney so perhaps this Barnabus died
There is speculation that (Mary) Hannah was the daughter of PETER
LABOYTEAUX and KEZIAH SMOCK. In Peter's will dated Aug. 5, 1813,
probated Oct. 12, 1813, he names his wife, Keziah, and children, John,
Phebe, Joseph, Jemima, Peter, Mary, Abia, Dorety and Katherine.
Note: Have also seen SARAH POTTS listed as the wife of this Peter so
perhaps some of the children were from this previous marriage.
Leslie Lewis wrote:
I am new to the mailing list. My ancestor Hannah Laboyteaux (or Labertuse
in some records) was born about 1770 and married Jacob Stryker before 1792
in Somerset County NJ. They soon after moved to the Ovid NY area (Seneca
Co). Their daughter Hannah Stryker (b. 1795 in NY) married Jacob Eastlick.
Does anyone have any information on this NJ branch of Laboyteaux? Hannah
Laboyteaux Stryker's parents may have been named Peter and Mary, although I
have no documentation other than family lore.