Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
Brenda got to it before I did, as I was going to say I'd been much to busy checking out all the new things you've posted to the sites to do any Listing. But, gee, I didn't know any of you were having eggnog and sugar cookies! Sounds like a good idea.
Merry Christmas to whom it's relevant, peace on earth to all,
Just a note to let you all know that I have uploaded 1 more section to the
1850 Clay Co. census it is section 5 and I want to thank Charlotte Miller
for her efforts transcribing the this section.
I have also uploaded 3 sections of the 1860 Clay Co. census. I would like
to extend a thank you to the transcribers of these sections also they were
Bernice Kharrat, Dianne Delitto and Patty Brock
The URL for the census Index is:
There are several more sections of these two census's just about ready to
upload so stay tuned.
A note to let everyone know I had a hard drive melt down last week and have
been off line. I am back up and running again, I lost no information and am
in the process of answering all of my mail now.
Looking for any information re: William McKee family who moved to Perry
County from Virginia in the early 1840's. Quite possibly a son and more
than one daughter married there. This family relocated to Floyd County
Any information will be appreciated.
Looking for any information about Ollie Sebe TYLER born 13 Jun 1900 probably
in KY, died Dec 1975 in Floyd County Ky. Married Bertha SMOTHERS born May
1904, died Nov 1965. They lived in Hardburly in Perry County. This was a
second marriage to Bertha. Their known children were Gene, Ernest, Donald,
Glenn, Wanda, Gatha, and Jimmy. Any information on either Ollie Sebe or
Bertha appreciated. Thank you.
Welcome to the KYPERRY mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.