Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
I am searching for any information on Bertha SMOTHERS, 1904-1965. She
was married to Ollie Seaborn (Sebe) TYLER, 1900-1975. They lived in
Perry county. Children I know of are, Eugene, Donald, Earnest, Wanda,
Glenn, Gatha, and James. I would be most interestered in any
information on either Bertha or Ollie or any of their family. Thanks
for your help.
Hi To All,
My first posting on the Perry Co list. Looking forward to and
hoping for, new and expanding information.
I seeking info for my g-grandparents: Thomas Benjamin Davis
(or just) Benjamin Davis and his wife, Lousia J. GOFF.
Family history has them from VA. settling in WV. but someone
told me they showed up in Perry Co KY.
Thanks so much for any and all help,
I would appreciate any information on a William Begley married to Cordelia
Howard.Two of their children were Granville and Thomas.
I think they lived in Perry,Co.,KY.
Cherry Good Morning to All!
I've put off posting this since almost everywhere I go it seems people
shudder and then 'look' at me sideways when I mention my Perry County
connections: Can you believe it? Why, they are just Joneses and
Combses!! <g> Actually I have had a good deal of fortune with both
sides but would like some fill ins. Here is a sketch of what I know:
Henry Bascom Jones married his Fifth wife, Sophia B. Combs on 31 March
1921 in Jeff, Perry County, KY. They lived in Jeff until their
respective demises so should have been well known in the area. Henry
had previously been married to Rachel Pigman in Letcher County and had
six children. Rachel died when she was 34 and he married Bertha, had
one son (Bruce)-she also died young and he married Euretta Granger who
ran off with Bruce. Then he married Sarah and I believe she died as
well. Then comes Sophia.
Henry was born in Wise County VA to Jonathan Hamilton Jones and Harriet
Elizabeth Draughan (Jones), the fourth of nine children on
6 March 1865 although his birth was not registered until 20 Aug 1946 at
the Perry County Courthouse which document cites a family bible as
documentary evidence and says Henry is then 78 which is about right.
Henry died in 1960.
Sophia was born in Perry County in Nov 1896 to Elijah and Ella J. Combs.
I know there was at least one other sibling, a brother named or called
"French" (have seen a pix of he and Sophia sitting on or by the railroad
tracks with another brother and sister apparently double dating) but no
other info on the family at this stage. Sophia died in 1958.
The Marraige register of Henry and Sophia, however, lists him as being
40 in 1921 when he should have been 56, and Sophia as 26, which is
about right. They had two children, Paul and Leonard. Paul, my father,
died in El Paso TX in 1989. Leonard is still living in KY.
There is a story that there was a prior child, a female, which did not
survive but I do not know whether she was Sophia's from a previous
marraige or Henry's and Sophia's.
1. Does anyone out there know anything of this family?
2. Where did the family bible used to document the birth register
of Henry go? None of us seem to have it or at least I've not yet found
3. Family lore has it that Henry went down to Arizona/New Mexico
in his early years and met up with the Billy the Kid. Something about
getting run out of town for killing a hog or some such.
4. Why did Euretta leave Henry-could it have been because of #3?
5. Was Sophia married before Henry (age at time of marraige and
story of another child seems to support that)
6. so many more...............
If anyone has any info all is appreciated.
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
Welcome to the KYPERRY mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to email@example.com and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.