Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
Dear Descended of Owen Co. Early Settlers.
Epecially those of the New Columbus Area - Davis, Sparrow, True, Wright
A Very Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year
John Guill (descended from)
This was posted on another list and is a very helpful page on find the
enjoy. Merry Christmas Barbara
As you run across helpful things like the above please feel free to post it
to the list to help your fellow researchers.
In the 1870 Owen Co., KY census, P. Vallandingham is listed on page 240, New Liberty Twp.. If anyone has this census record I would greatly appreciate the favor if they would send me the names and ages of those listed in the census.
J. Leon Vanlandingham
Just a quick not to say Merry Christmas to all my Owen County friends and to
let you all know that I have not forgot Owen County. I have been very busy
with a new job and just found my mother's missing family branch, not Owen
I have my Christmas page up and running, I did not do the Parlor this year.
Please visit Grandma's Front Porch <A
HREF="http://members.aol.com/cliftoncuz/index.htm">Genealogy at Grandmas</A>
After the 1st of the year I will be updating and moving all my web pages to
Roots-L. During this transfer you will still be able to find the "The
Parlor" and "Grandma's Front Porch" on AOL. I plan to add more Owen County
history and would like to keep updating the 1850 census project all I need is
your family information.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL Barbara Guinn-Owen County List Hostess
Welcome to the KYOWEN mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to email@example.com and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.