Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
Seeking information on the famiy of William and Eliza J. Swink MORRIS,
married 27 September 1855 in Breckinridge County.
1. George - b. ca. 1857
2. Francis - b. ca. 1859
3. M.E. (Daughter) - b. ca. 1862
4. L. C. (Daughter) - b. ca. 1864
5. Elias - b. ca. 1868
I just posted a query about my BRUNERS. I wanted to pose another question.
I have run across the story of a Mrs. John BRUNER who was taken captive by
Indians in the late 1700s. This story can be found at the following URL:
I was struck when I read this at the similarity to a tale that was told to
me years ago by my grandfather's cousin. This cousin was the granddaughter
of Esther Ann BRUNER KETTLER, who was the daughter of ANDREW J. BRUNER and
MARY MAGDALENA SWINK. This cousin told me her grandmother had told her the
story of a Bruner ancestress who had been kidnapped by Indians and had later
had a child by an Indian chief before escaping back to her husband, who at
first didn't want to take her back. There was also something about someone
being tied to a tree, but I couldn't remember the details.
If anyone has any information on the family of this JOHN BRUNER or can
provide more information about this Indian captive story, I would GREATLY
appreciate hearing from you.
I am hoping there is someone out there who has untangled the Bruners of
I am looking for the parents of ANDREW J. BRUNER b. ca. 1814, probably in
Breckinridge County. Married MARY MAGDALENA SWINK ca. 1834 and had the
1. Jesse M. BRUNER - b. 1836
2. Nancy BRUNER - b. 1838 - m. Peter BEGHTOL
3. Daniel H. BRUNER - b. 1840
4. Peter Swink BRUNER - b. 1842
(family moved to Schuyler/McDonough Co., IL at this time)
5. George BRUNER - b. 1843 in Illinois
6. Amaziah BRUNER - b. ca. 1846 in Illinois
7. Esther Ann BRUNER - b. 1849 in McDonough Co., IL
I think ANDREW was perhaps a brother of JACOB BRUNER who married Mariah
BEGHTOL and had the following children before he died. His widow remarried
to Peter SWINK and moved to Illinois.
1. Esther BRUNER - b. ca. 1823
2. David BRUNER - b. ca. 1827
3. Margaret Ann BRUNER - b. ?
4. Katherine BRUNER - b. ca. 1830
Any help at all on these Bruners would be greatly appreciated!
FRANKS in Breckinridge and Grayson counties, Kentucky
Saturday, May 13, 2000
FRANK (S) in Breckinridge and Grayson counties Kentucky in the
1800`s--Written May 13, 2000
I am trying to connect the Frank(s) families that lived in these counties.
I think most of them are related--just will take time to put in order. This
is what I have so far. Most of it is not proven.
JOHN and MARTIN FRANK were brothers. They both lived in Breckinridge and
Grayson counties in Kentucky in the 1800`s. Both were farmers and both
seemed to move quite often between the two counties. NOTE: the census will
list these families as FRANKS when living in Grayson county. When in
Breckinridge the same families were listed on the census as FRANK.
MARTIN FRANK born about 1801 in Ky married AMEY (Amy) MITCHELL born June 16,
1800 in North Carolina and died January 23, 1872. Buried in (0205) Kiper,
Poole Cemetery--Highway 735 past Ben Johnson School. Second gravel road on
right in woods in Breckinridge county, Kentucky. Known children:
1. Patsey A born about 1828
2. Laetitia born about 1832
3. Elizabeth born about 1835
4. Letta born about 1837
5. Stephen born about 1838 married Mary (born about 1845) listed as Franks
in Grayson co., Ky census (1860)
6. William born about 1840
7. Mary J born about 1843
JOHN FRANK born about 1799 in Kentucky and died in Breckinridge county,
Kentucky on July 4, 1855 of typhoid fever at the age of 56. He married
ELIZABETH----. She was born about 1805. Known children:
1. Martin M born about 1825 in Kentucky married Martha J. Martha born Jan
22, 1834 Ky. Died Feb 20, 1877 buried 0135Frank Cemetery#1---Pleasant Hill
on Rolling Acres Rd., near McDaniels.
2. William born about 1829 Ky
3. Henry born about 1831 Ky m 1. Martha Owen 2. Eunice---
4. Buckner H (Buchanan)(B Buckner H) born about 1834 Ky m Martha H. born
about 1841 Ky
5. Mahala born about 1838 Ky
6. James born about 1840 Ky
7. Ezera Ward (Rev EW) (Ezra Ward) born Oct 8, 1839 in Ky. Died Oct 10,
1909. m Margaret Spencer.
8. Willis T born April 25, 1843 m Milhaly (Mahala Francis Spencer)died Aug
9. Mary born about 1846 Ky
10 John R born about 1825 Ky married Ida Terry
MARTIN M FRANK son of John and Elizabeth Frank was born about 1825 in Ky. m
Martha J born Jan 22, 1834 died Feb 20, 1877. She is buried in 0135Frank
Cemetery#1 Pleasant Hill on Rolling Acres Rd., near McDaniels. Known
1. John (Jno) D born about 1851 Ky m Elizabeth
2. Henry J born about 1853 Ky
3. Thomas F (Fred T) born about 1853
4. Betty (Mary E.) born about 1858 may be Mary that married William Thomas
Nevitt in 1881.
5. William born about 1860
6. Eliza born about 1863
7. Martha J born about 1864
8. Anny C born about 1870 Jan
9. Martin C born about 1871.
Martha J died in 1877. In the 1880 census Breckinridge Co. Ky it shows three
of their children living with a Frederick Fraize 44 and his wife Frances C.
49 and their daughter Mittie. The children are William A Frank 18 nephew,
Eliza Frank 16 niece, and Martin C. Frank 9 nephew. Fredereick Fraize is
Martha J`s brother and their parents were David and Eliza Frank Fraize.
HENRY FRANK the son of John and Elizabeth Frank was born about 1832 in Ky.
Died Cloverport, Breckinridge, Ky. Married April 4, 1854 in Breckinridge
Co. Ky to MARTHA A OWEN born Sept 30, 1829. Died Oct 5, 1865 Cloverport, Ky.
Buried Owen Farm Cemetery, Hardinsburg, Breckinridge Co., Ky. I think all of
the children are from Henrys marriage to Martha. Sometime between 1854-1857
Martha and Henry resided in Iowa, as that is where two of their children
were born. By 1860 they moved to Ohio co., Ky then on to Breckinridge co.
Ky. The 1870 census for Breckinridge co. Ky shows Henry Frank occupation
miller and is married to a EUNICE---his second wife.
Known children of HENRY AND MARTHA are:
1. Rhoda (Eroda)(Vanie) born about 1855 Iowa 1880 census living with Uncle
Ezra Ward Frank in Breckinridge co., Ky
2. Madison O born Oct 8, 1856 Iowa died Jan 21, 1918. Married MM 1880
census of Breckinridge co., Ky show him living with Uncle Ezra Ward Frank in
Breckinridge Co., Ky
3. Robert Grant born May 15, 1858 m Cordelia Frank. 1880 census of
Breckinridge Co. Ky show him living with two cousins Thomas F (Fred) and
John D. who are sons of Robert`s uncle Martin M. Frank.
Eliza H born about 1860 Ohio co., Ky m Reuben C Jones
5. Mary B born about 1862 Ky
6. Martha S (Mattie) born about 1863 married a Mercer
7. Lucy (Allie?) born about 1865 Cloverport, Breckinridge, KY married a
BUCKNER H FRANK (Buchannan, B Buckner H) son of John and Elizabeth Frank was
born November 3, 1832 in Ky. He died April 5, 1879. Buried at Frank
cemetery #3 near Calvert Church on the old Lafe Hornback farm. He married
Martha ---- around 1857. In 1860 according to the Grayson county census the
following people lived at no. 331:
FRANKS, Elizabeth 54 Ky farm manager (Bucks mother)
Buckner H. 28 Ky farm laborer
Martha H 19 Ky housewifery
John R 12 Ky (this is Buckner`s brother)
John A 2 Ky (Buckner`s son)
The 1900 census for Grayson County, Ky lists at 195/196 the following
FRANK, Martha Head Au 1843 56 wd Ky Va Ky farmer
James R son Au 1870 29 s Ky Ky Ky farm laborer
Mary M dau Au 1864 35 s Ky Ky Ky
Jesse M son Ma 1868 32 Wd Ky Ky Ky farm laborer
Martin L son Mr 1875 25 s Ky Ky Ky farm laborer
Senie H dau De 1878 21 s Ky Ky Ky
Henry W son Ap 1890 10 s Ky Ky Ky
Henry may be son of Jesse.
House 196/197 FRANK, William E. head Ja 1863 37 m0 Ky Ky Ky farm laborer
Nannie H wife Fe 1875 25 m0 Ky Ky Ky Oc Oa
This William may be Buckner and Martha`s son.
EZRA WARD FRANK son of John and Elizabeth Frank was born Oct 8, 1839 in Ky
Died Oct 10, 1909. Married Margaret Spencer. Born about 1844 in Ky, died
April 19, 1905. After the death of Ezra`s first wife he married Mrs. Nola
Johnson of Fordsville, Ohio co. on January 1, 1908. Known children were:
1. Cordelia Ann (Delia) born Oct 3, 1861 in Ky, died Nov 12, 1952. Married
Robert Grant Frank
2. John J (Buck) born Oct 17, 1865 in Breckinridge co., Ky. Died May 18,
1950 in Williamsville, Sangamon Co., IL. Married Sarah Palestine Kimble.
3. William S Willis born Aug 26, 1867 Ky, died Oct 4, 1867.
4. Minnie Florence born Dec 18, 1868 in Ky, Died 15 Nov 1955 Jacksonville,
Morgan, IL Married a. Edward Ramsey, b. William Thomas Nevitt.
5. Essie J born 1870 in Ky.
6. Eliza F. born Jan 29, 1874, died Nov 5, 1878
7. Mahala E. Born: 11 Oct 1877 Place: Breckinridge Co., Ky Died: 23 Mar
1879, buried Old Frank Cem., Calvert, Breckinridge, Ky
8. Ezra T Born: 05 Dec 1878 Place: Breckinridge Co., Ky, Died: 12 Dec 1878,
buried Old Frank Cem. Calvert, Breckinridge Ky.
9. James Robert Bobbie Born: 22 Oct 1879Place: BRECKINRIDGE CO., KY, Died:
12 Jan 1936, buried Calvert Community church, Breckinridge, Ky. Married
Sarah Eliza Kiper Dec 20 1903 in Grayson Co., Ky.
10. Dalice Born: 01 Sep 188, died Date Aug 22, 1961 in Jefferson county,
Ky. Age 81.Married Theodore Elliott Dee Wilkersonone son Elliott.
11. Willis A born: 05 Oct 1883, died Jan 1, 1905 in Grayson county Ky.
Buried Owensboro. Married PEARL STURGEONthree children, RENA, RUBY, and
12. Icy Ward--Born 18 May 1885, Breckinridge co., Ky, and Died: 18 Feb 1971.
Buried Shady Grove Cem. Grayson Co., Ky. Married WALTER BROWN.
Searching for SPENCER, FRANK, BLOXAM
Does anyone have a connection to the Jordan family below? Charles Henry
Jordan is my great-grandfather, and I would love to know more about his
parents and/or siblings. More than happy to share what I have on his
descendants! I have quite a bit on his wife's family, but nothing further
1 Charles Henry Jordan b: 23 Oct 1856 in KY?
d: 31 Jan 1932 in Collin Co., TX
.. +Mary* "Mattie" Harris Hardaway
b: 11 Apr 1856 in Breckinridge Co., KY
d: 10 Mar 1950 in Collin Co., TX
m: 19 Dec 1878 in Breckinridge Co., KY
Father: Jesse* Hardaway Mother: Elizabeth* Shrewsbury
..2 Glen Hardaway Jordan b: 06 Jan 1880 in KY
.......+Tilly (Jordan) b: ca 1878 m: ca 1898
..2 Annie Jordan b: ca 1881 in KY d: ca 1881 in TX
..2 Roy Allen Jordan b: 23 Jul 1883
..2 Charles Harry Jordan b: 20 May 1885
..2 Edna Irma Jordan b: 09 Jan 1886
..2 Mary Elizabeth Jordan b: 16 Jun 1888 in Melissa, Collin Co., TX
d: 10 Oct 1970 in Texarkana, Bowie Co., TX
......+James Lewis Graves b: 17 Jan 1888 in Melissa, Collin Co., TX
d: 12 Jul 1918 in Melissa, Collin Co., TX m: 1906
Father: George Henry Graves Mother: Rosalie Beyette
..2 Thomas Waverly Jordan b: 16 Apr 1890
..2 Silas Taylor Jordan b: 22 Dec 1894 in Collin Co., TX
d: 22 Sep 1980 in McKinney, Collin Co., TX
.......+Mattie Hazel Robison b: ca 1904 d: 12 Sep 1999
m: 13 Dec 1925 in Anna, Collin Co., TX
...2 Wanda Jordan b: ca 1896 d: ca 1896
YOU'RE PAYING TOO MUCH FOR THE INTERNET!
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
Try it today - there's no risk! For your FREE software, visit: