Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
In a message dated 11/29/00 11:38:11 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
> I'm new to the list. I have just found out that my ggrandfather Commodore
> TABER might have been born in Breckinridge CO. abt 1853. His father was
> James and grandparent's were John /Polly Meadow TABER and ggrandparent's
> were Philip and Eleanor TABER........James must have died abt 1866/67
> because, Allen Murphy qualified as Guardian to Commodore Taber. Commodore
> was 14 years old. He had a brother William that became a ward of John R.
> Delmondt/DeBrandt in 1867.......I would deeply appreciate any information
> that would be available on this family. Especially Commodore and James.
> Thank You,
In my family information, I have a James Tabor (Taber?) who was married to
Nancy French, b. abt. 1844. They had a son names George W. Tabor. Nancy's
parents were George W. French, b. abt. 1818, and Pherreby or Phoebi West, b.
abt. 1817. Pherreby was the sister of my g-g-grandfather, Branson Monroe
West. Could this possibly be the James Taber you mention?
Lynda West Hahn
I'm new to the list. I have just found out that my ggrandfather Commodore
TABER might have been born in Breckinridge CO. abt 1853. His father was
James and grandparent's were John /Polly Meadow TABER and ggrandparent's
were Philip and Eleanor TABER........James must have died abt 1866/67
because, Allen Murphy qualified as Guardian to Commodore Taber. Commodore
was 14 years old. He had a brother William that became a ward of John R.
Delmondt/DeBrandt in 1867.......I would deeply appreciate any information
that would be available on this family. Especially Commodore and James.
Looking for birth and death dates on the following:
William Barnes Carter and his wife Elizabeth Mattinglly
Josiah Carter and his wife Marriett Lucretia Harrell. (13 children?) her
parents were William Harrell and Nancy Blackburn
Eskle Ero Carter and 2nd wife Cora Lee Mattingly
Welcome to the KYBRECKI mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.