Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
It has been approximately two months since the last update so the latest
version of the Researchers Database has been uploaded and available on
You can pick up the latest Donegal Researchers List at: (Box in Red print).
"Click Here to Download the Donegal Researchers List"
Just click the box (Red Box) and follow the instructions.
How To Submit Your New Research Information to the Database
The actual database is a READ ONLY file, you can not directly update the
data in it. Submit your data "as per the instructions" via the Donegaleire
EASIEST WAY TO INPUT your research names and data.
Open a New Email
Address it to: DONEGALEIRE(a)rootsweb.com
Subject Line: New Donegal Researchers Names
Copy and Paste the following line of data into the body of your BLANK
email, all in one line
Your Email Address,PLU,Civil Parish,Townland,Surname and Given,Maiden
Name and Given,Child,Child,Child,Child ---- up to 10 kids.
Now insert your data BETWEEN the COMMAS
No spaces after the commas - other than a space between the
Surname/Maiden and Given name.
No other details,
No dates, no nick names etc.
If you DON"T know the information enter "u/k" without the quotes
Email to the Donegal Mailing List
If you are having difficulty putting you data in the correct format send
it directly to me and I will input it...........make sure I can follow
who is who and where they come from.
This list is for anyone researching ancestors in County Donegal Ireland
Welcome to the IRL-CO-DONEGAL mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to email@example.com and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.