Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
Chickasaw County, Iowa
We are in the process of developing the Chickasaw IAGenWeb Web Site (http://iagenweb.org/chickasaw/ and really need the help of volunteers. We have been working pretty hard at it for the last twenty days and have generated fifty-some web pages and linkages to an uncounted number of databases. Give us a visit to see how we are doing; however, we need your help so that we may continue to grow and provide a free, meaningful, and resourceful web site to Chickasaw/Iowa genealogy researchers.
VOLUNTEER SUBMITTERS: If you have genealogy data which would be appropriate for posting on the web site, please send it to us and you'll be sure to be acknowledged as a contributor to our web site.
VOLUNTEER LOOKUPS: If you own or have access to any Chickasaw County resources, (such as census, cemetery, marriage, newspaper abstracts), and are willing to do lookups for other Chickasaw County researchers, please contact us. Let us know which resource you have and we'll add your name to the volunteers on our web site.
County Coordinator: Mike Peterson - email: email(a)peterson-home.com .
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Sincerely, Mike Peterson
Welcome to the IOWA-OLD-NEWSPAPERS mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.