Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
I've "rescued" two old photographs belonging to the GUNTHER Family of
Minnesota and California. The first photograph is one of Lillie GUNTHER
which was taken at the Stridborg Studio in St. Paul, MN most likely in the
1870's when she was in her teens. In addition to her name, someone has
written "Gertrude's Mother's Sister" on the back of the photograph. The
second photograph is one of Arthur GUNTHER and was taken at the Westner
Studio in Los Angeles, CA. This photograph appears to have been taken in the
1890's with Arthur likely in his 20's at the time it was taken. The message
on the back of this photograph is "Gertrude's Mother's youngest Brother".
Based on limited research and was able to gather the following information
and believe that Gertrude is Gertrude GOOD:
Arthur Herman GUNTHER was b. 4 Aug 1870 in Minnesota to parents August
GUNTHER (1819-1890) and Elizabeth KUNTZ (b. 1828) who were married 17 Dec
1847 in Randolph, IL. Arthur was one of 6 children born this couple
including, Elizabeth; Carrie; Edward C.; Lillie; William; and Arthur Herman
GUNTHER, all born between 1848 and 1870. Arthur married Emilia or Amelia
Teresa or Theresa Agustas or Agusta OBERSTELLER (1869-1925) and they had a
daughter, Lucile Maymie GUNTHER (1902-1983). Arthur died 29 May 1944 in
Chula Vista, CA.
His sister Elizabeth GUNTHER was b. in Oct 1848 in Illinois and married
Simon L. GOOD (1849-1930) on 24 May 1876 in Ramsey Co., MN. The couple had
four children including, Edna; Roy L.; Gertrude F.; and Margaret H. GOOD,
all born between 1877 and 1888. Elizabeth died 20 May 1920 in St. Paul, MN.
His sister Lillie GUNTHER was b. 1862 in Minnesota to the same parents, it
doesn't appear that Lillie ever married.
I am hoping to return the photographs to family. If you are a member of
this family, or you know someone who might be, please contact me.
Welcome to the ILRANDOL mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to email@example.com and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.