Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
THOMPSONVILLE - Merwin Henry Eaton, age 92, of Thompsonville, passed away at
11:49 p.m. Tuesday, June 4, 2019, at VA Community Living Center of Marion.
Funeral Services will be held at noon Saturday, June 8, 2019 at the Leffler
Funeral Home of Benton, with Rev. David Schlag officiating. Burial with
Military Honors by the Benton American Legion Post#280, Benton V.F.W. Post
#2671, and the U.S. Navy will be in the Sunset Memorial Park Cemetery of Du
Quoin. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday at the Leffler
Funeral Home of Benton, where Masonic Rites will be observed at 11 a.m.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Franklin County Shrine Club or the
Benton American Legion and V.F.W. Honor Squad; and will be accepted at the
To leave online condolences to the family or to share memories of Merwin
Eaton, visit www.lpfuneralhome.com.
Obituary from WMCL AM 1016 Radio website.
Welcome to the ILPERRY mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.