Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
OCTOBER 20, 1932 ~ JANUARY 31, 2019 (AGE 86)
Barbara Lawrence, 86, of Mount Vernon, Illinois, formerly of Edwardsville,
Illinois, passed away at 11:49 P.M. January 31, 2019 at SSM Health Good
Samaritan Hospital. She was born October 20, 1932 in Perry County, Illinois
to the late William and Helen (Lunneman) Lawrence.
Barbara is survived by her siblings, Mary Elliston and husband, Terry of
Waltonville, Illinois and Gary Lawrence and wife, Barb (Stern) of Mount
Sterling, Illinois; sister-in-law, Veronica (Poiter) Lawrence of Wolf Lake,
Illinois; nephews, Jared Elliston, Mark Elliston, Kyle Lawrence, Mike
Lawrence, and Steve Lawrence; nieces, Cathy Kilbert, Teri Cira, Gail
Lawrence, Cindy Olesen, Lori Fuller, and Theresa Siwek; and several
great-nieces and great-nephews.
In addition to her parents, Barbara was preceded in death by her siblings,
William "Bill" Lawrence and Noel Ann Lawrence; one infant brother; one
infant niece; and nephew, Gary Scott Lawrence.
Barbara graduated with a PhD from Saint Louis University and worked as a
professor of English at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. She was a
volunteer at Olive Anderson Hospital in Maryville and was very active at
Saint Boniface Catholic Church in Edwardsville, where she served as a
Eucharist Minister and a Lector. Barbara was also a past active member of
the Daughters of the American Revolution. She loved to go to amusement
parks and ride rides with her nieces and nephews. In her spare time, Barbara
also enjoyed reading and traveling with her family. She will be missed by
all who knew her.
A Visitation will be held Wednesday, February 6, 2019 from 9:00 A.M. to
10:00 A.M. at Saint Mary Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Mount
Vernon, Illinois. A Funeral Mass will be held Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at
10:00 A.M. at Saint Mary Immaculate Conception Catholic Church with Father
Clyde Grogan officiating. Interment will follow at 1:00 P.M. at Saint Bruno
Catholic Cemetery in Pinckneyville, Illinois. Memorials may be made in
Barbara's honor to the Coffin-Lowry Syndrome Foundation.
Obituary from Newell Funeral Home website.
Welcome to the ILPERRY mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.