Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
Thought you might find this site Interesting also.
It's a Public Records Data Base. There are records for (I think) Every
state . There are different records for each state . Some Old records some
Check it out. : )
I just found a "Lookup Site" I don't think I've ever come across it
There is 506 items listed that people will do lookups in. Marriages, Census
Death records, ect. All from different States. (There is a lot for
Just thought I would mention this in case no one has seen it.
Hope it helps !
Click on 506 ITEMS
Ken & list,
You can make your request to the State Historical Library in Springfield,
IL. Web page: http://www.state.il.us/hpa/lib/ishlgen.htm You may want to
get the whole roll of film on interlibrary loan.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2001 1:52 PM
Subject: [ILPERRY] Old DuQuoin Obituary Notices
> Can someone please tell me if 1883 obituary notices for the Du Quoin
> newspaper are on microfilm somewhere? I found my g.grandmother listed on
> Perry County web page and would like to obtain information from the entire
> If, by chance, someone is available to do a lookup for me, the obituary I
> looking for is Mrs. S. L. Voight, who died on Dec. 13, 1883. The obituary
> on page 1, column 3.
> Ken Soper
> Apple Valley, CA
> ==== ILPERRY Mailing List ====
> Perry County Coordinators: Terasa Hodges
> Visit Ancestry's Library - The best collection of family history
> learning and how-to articles on the Internet.
Can someone please tell me if 1883 obituary notices for the Du Quoin Tribune
newspaper are on microfilm somewhere? I found my g.grandmother listed on the
Perry County web page and would like to obtain information from the entire
If, by chance, someone is available to do a lookup for me, the obituary I am
looking for is Mrs. S. L. Voight, who died on Dec. 13, 1883. The obituary is
on page 1, column 3.
Apple Valley, CA
Welcome to the ILPERRY mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to email@example.com and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.