Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
Please disregard that last email from me... Sent it to the wrong list..
The Lee County Updates are at http://genealogytrails.com/ill/lee/ which include three obits from Margaret Mangers -- Senneff, Marlow and Utley
Sorry for the confusion..
Ready for the edge of your seat? Check out tonight's top picks on Yahoo! TV.
Newest additions to Whiteside County IL http://genealogytrails.com/ill/whiteside/
Albert Ferris - for Lisa Ferris Leech
George Seyller -- for Becky Jones
Fulton Cemetery - updated with photos of the Fay Family - contribured by Ruth Ann Fay
Kingsbury and Rood Cemeteries - transcribed by LeRoy Sundrin
MILITARY -- In honor of Memorial Day I've given the Military Page a new look...
Rev. War Veteran buried in Kingsbury Cemetery --
Presenting his history - Alexander Thompson
NEWS: McCue-Ballard-Wakenight Accident
OLD HOMES: -- The Pink Victorian Home - sent in by John Kelly and the information contributed by Jan Roggy
Thanks to all for their contributions.. I'll be on vacation from Jun 2 - 15th -- will catch up when I get back..
It's here! Your new message!
Get new email alerts with the free Yahoo! Toolbar.
Welcome to the ILLEE mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.