Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
Just a short reminder to the vets and newbies at this site of my free research for the asking here at Andersonville Civil War Prisoner of War site. There are more than 41000 Union soldiers on record from all states, and 4518 are from Illinois.
Please email me directly at Frye(a)pstel.net with request so we dont tie up the county site.
Andersonville Historic Site Historian / NPS Volunteer
NEW on LEE COUNTY GENEALOGY ILLINOIS TRAILS WEBSITE. http://genealogytrails.com/ill/lee
From the Main Menu:
Insane Persons 1880 - From Kim Torp
Check under Townships/Cities:
HISTORY of Willow Creek Twp..
Myer Bible - contributed by Charles Caughlan
From Carol Ridings - George Erbes
Transcribed by yours truly -
Finley McMartin, Mathew J. Shppert, Charles W. Latimer, Joseph F. Cole
From Karen Holt -
Inez Thrasher, Robert Thrasher Charles G. Swegle, Sophie Carney Swegle Mildred Swegle, Stanley C. Swegle, Clarence R. Wilson
From Charles Caughlan -
George W. Myer, Elizabeth Myer, Robert Edwin Meyer, Martha Myer Hill
Transcribed by myself -
Karen Cavanaugh John Cleary, Ellen Price Coffee, Edward Conroy
Steward HS Class - from Karen Holt
Viola Twp.. Van Campen School 1911 from Karen Holt
8th Grade Diploma - bottom of "School" Page from Karen Holt
Dixon College - Photo 1900's from Karen Holt
George Erbes - deceased 12 Sep 1944
George W. Myer - from Charles Caughlan
Thanks much to Charles Caughlan and Karen Holt for their contributions this month.. Looking forward to more...
Lee/ Whiteside/ Carroll/ Jo Davies & Stephenson Counties
Get amazing travel prices for air and hotel in one click on Yahoo! FareChase
Welcome to the ILLEE mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to email@example.com and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.