Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
Can someone with records for Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens, please look up
this family? I'm not sure if Mr. Newcomer's first name was Harvey or Harry.
Descendants of Harvey (Harry) A. Newcomer
1 Harvey (Harry) A. NEWCOMER b: August 30, 1887 in (appears in 1920 Leaf
River, Ogle Co., IL census) d: Abt. 1971 in Polo, Buffalo Twp., Ogle Co.,
IL Burial: Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens, Dixon, Lee Co., IL
. +Lenora TRAVIS b: June 14, 1894 in Ogle Co., IL m: February 14, 1915 in
Polo, Buffalo Twp., Ogle Co., IL d: November 06, 1977 in Franklin Grove,
Lee Co., IL Burial: Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens, Dixon, Lee Co., IL Father:
William Boyle Travis Mother: Mary Ellen Pope
.. 2 John W. NEWCOMER b: Abt. 1916
.. 2 Murray E. NEWCOMER b: Abt. 1919
...... +Dorothy L. SAGRENT m: April 09, 1939
.. 2 Arnold NEWCOMER b: Abt. 1923
Roger and Sue Cramer's Genealogy Site
Ogle Co., IL Genealogy Site
The Mid Month update for Lee County is ready.. http://www.iltrails.org/lee/
Alvah & Mary (Pomeroy) Dewolf
Sumner D. Eastwood
Anton M. Harms
The Hoyles - Joshua, John & Samuel at the request of Brian Beaton
FEATURED FAMILIES - The Lievan family photos and histroy - from Elsie Mishler
NEWS ARTICLES -
Returning From A Tour West 1877 - written by G.B. Runyan - contributed by Fuller Runyan
Also found the following Hoyle connections
Kathryn Ulrich Hoyle
Clary (Hoyle) Etnyre
Hoyle Family - 1944 and 1949
I found these in the Dixon Telegraph, thought you'd be interested Brian
SURNAMES of Hoyle, Long, Runyan, Tadd have been added
This pretty much sums it up for the year 2005 -- I'll be heading "home" to Illinois for Christmas in a few days if things go well. Will be back sometime before new years and we can start the new year off fresh. THANKS so much for all you wonderful contributors that make this website possible. May the meaning of Christmas forever touch your heart.
The Past comes alive in Genealogy - "http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~bandy/"
Find Great Deals on Holiday Gifts at Yahoo! Shopping
Welcome to the ILLEE mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to email@example.com and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.