Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
I'm really new to online genealogy and was pleased to
find these lists!
When I figure out how to properly post my ancestor
chart, I�ll do that. But for now here are my Lee Co.
ancestors (from both my father AND mother�s side!):
(maternal) Great-grandfather: Henry Landau, b. 8 Mar
1870 in Lee Co.; m. 11 July 1894 in Lee Co. to Katie
Kohler/Kahler; d. 8 Nov. 1946 in Black Hawk Co., IA.
Henry�s parents were William/
(paternal) Great-gt grandparents: Jonathan Whipkey, b.
23 Feb 184? in Somerset Co., PA; m. 4 Mar 1869 to
Lydia Whipkey (same surname); d. 14 Aug 1922 in Black
Hawk Co., IA. (Lydia Whipkey b. 30 Aug 1848 in
Somerset Co., PA; d. 20 Dec 1914 in Black Hawk Co.,
IA.) Jonathan Whipkey enlisted in Army 13 Feb 1865 in
Dixon, IL. Mustered out as Pvt. on 20 Jan 1866 at
Judy Smelser Mitchell
Searching for leads on any of these family lines:
Smelser, Brayton, Brown, Carter, Cochran, Collett,
Cook, Dill, Dillon, Dungan, Ealy, Elmore, Haynes,
Landau, McFarland, Moreland, Nunn, Rippetoe, Spohr,
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Health - Feel better, live better
New subscriber to this list. List of those I'm researching:
James Harvey Ives (1827-1892) and wife Antoinette Tobey (1833-1884). Husband
descended from their daughter Clara.
Levi (James' brother) Ives (1813-1889) and wife Delia Bristol (1819-1904).
Would love to hear from their descendants. They had a son Charles H. Ives
(about 1840 - ?), married to Adalia Mason, had daughter Allie, perhaps
Rachel Eaton Bristol (1794 - 1871) & her children who came to Amboy, most
buried at Prairie Repose Cemetery:
Joseph Eaton Bristol (1818-1897), married to Zeruah Slauter - had son Almon &
grandchildren Daniel or Dwight & Nellie Mae, who married Frank Blocher & had
son Arthur Blocher.
Delia Bristol ( as above)
Louisa Northrop Bristol (1820 - 1907), married to Ambrose E. Slauter -
descendants Dwight Willis Slauter, Augusta Slauter Edson who had son William
Dwight Edson, & Emma Elizabeth Slauter.
Elizabeth Bristol Barnes (1824-1896), married Wheaton Prindle Barnes (her
cousin) - had daughter Olive Barnes who had son Edwin Everett Barnes.
Thomas Bristol (abt. 1828-1909)- married to Amanda Jaye Cooper. No known
Would love to hear from any other family members or those with information.
Welcome to the ILLEE mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.