Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
And all of you who use and contribute to this website, thank you much for your interest and the help you give and have given. The number of families we represent is many, the range of information we seek would not be possible to find if you were not kind enough to make the effort to answer questions and give the boost we need.
Thank you again, Laurel---and all.
Nancy Inyart Hesler
Hi all. I have resigned as CC of the Lawrence County site. I have
enjoyed corresponding with many of you and enjoyed my time with GenWeb.
I hope to be back in a few years. I will still be around of course and
will still be a Lawrence County researcher and contributor. So I will
be in touch!
So who would like to volunteer to be the new CC? You will need to know
at least some web design basics, but the other cc's will help out if you
get stuck. And Lawrence County has some great researchers who are very
helpful and make lots of contributions to the site.
I have a family member living in Lawrenceville, working as an oil worker, in
the 1910 census. It appears to say on "Sugar Street", but when I did a
google earth search, there was no Sugar Street. Maybe I'm not reading it
correctly or does anyone know if this street has been renamed? Thanks so much.
**************Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget?
Read reviews on AOL Autos.
Lawrence County, Illinois Genealogy Group
Welcome! This is the former Rootsweb list, ILLAWREN. We'll be discussing the history and genealogy of Lawrence County, Illinois including the surrounding region of southeastern Illinois and southwestern Indiana.
Welcome to the ILLAWREN mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to email@example.com and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.