Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
Just a short reminder to the vets and newbies at this site of my free research for the asking here at Andersonville Civil War Prisoner of War site. There are more than 41000 Union soldiers on record from all states, and 4518 are from Illinois.
Please email me directly at Frye(a)pstel.net with request so we dont tie up the county site.
Andersonville Historic Site Historian / NPS Volunteer
I am seeking obituaries, cemetery and/or funeral home records on several of my maternal family members, and will sincerely appreciate your assistance in the matter. There are several individuals listed below and if someone could find one or more of them I will be grateful. Please send the info to my e-mail address at the bottom of this page. Thank You.
1) Nellie Mae (Helmer) Baker, wife of C. Ezra Baker (my g-grandmother)
she was born January 09, 1867 in Wapakoneta, Auglaize County, Ohio. She died October 27, 1950 in Sumner, Illinois. She was buried in Oak Hill Cemetery in Upper Sandusky, Wyandot County, Ohio.
2) Louella Mae Baker (daughter of C.Ezra and Nellie Mae Baker), she was born April 09, 1890 in Auglaize County, Ohio; died June 26, 1909 in Bridgeport, Illinois. She was buried in Oak Hill Cemetery as was the above individual. She was about 19 years old when she died.
3) Estella Adelaide Charlotte Baker, born October 02, 1904 in Lovell, Wyandot County, Ohio, and buried in Oak Lawn Cemetery in Upper Sandusky, Ohio. She was a daughter of Nellie Mae Baker. She born "a Deaf Mute", and never married.
4) Joseph C. Baker, born July 11, 1895 in Auglaize County, Ohio; died October 23, 1959 in Lawrenceville, Illinois. He was buried in the city cemetery in Lawrenceville. He was a son of Nellie Mae Baker.
5) Clara (Watts) Baker, born October 21, 1900 in Lawrence County, Illinois; died April 21, 1988 in Lawrenceville, Illinois. She was the wife of Joseph C. Baker. She was buried in the city cemetery in Lawrenceville.
I am also seeking information on Joseph and Clara's son James Baker, and any other possible children of theirs. The only information that I have on James Baker is his name.
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
Does anyone have access to a death or cemetery index for Lawrence County?
I'm attempting to locate Todd B. Fisher, wife Nancy Ellen Pavey. They were married Oct 2, 1879, but by 1880 census, Todd is living with his parents. After that, he disappears.
I'm curious if Todd and Nancy might have died bet 1880 - 1900.
Any help is appreciated.
Lawrence County, Illinois Genealogy Group
Welcome! This is the former Rootsweb list, ILLAWREN. We'll be discussing the history and genealogy of Lawrence County, Illinois including the surrounding region of southeastern Illinois and southwestern Indiana.